Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Rwolf - Bide

Rwolf
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
Class: Stalker
Artifact: Air/Lighting, Water/Ice (undecided)

Also thought about doing the Lord class, but seeing how the Stalker concepting goes...

Getting some sketching done in between playing Crysis...
DWconcepts1.jpg

Replies

• Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Refining abit more. Wish I could be more creative with what I'm seeing in these forums >.<

Pretty much satisfied with the species design, I get lost durring the costume/clothing design however.

He's predominantly blind, using scent/sound/touch to locate targets. With the exception of the center eye as can be described as a sort of thermal vision.

Artifact is a 2 sided air blade capable of limited homing ablity to the user.

DWconcepts2.jpg
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    im really into the animal - human mixes, so im looking forward to see how this turns out, good luck.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Trying to find some time to do some more sketches. Think I just needs some more refinement and time spent.

DWconcepts3.jpg
  • Clint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clint polycounter lvl 18
    I get lost sometimes during costume/armor design as well. I always have these great ideas and when i sketch it out, i end up using very basic and cliche shapes. Just try and think of the weirdest shapes possible and build armor out of them. I dont know if you planned on mixing in some smaller details but currently, your armor is medium to large simple shapes. Break things up with small and high frequency detail maybe utilizing the small details to emphazise your larger shapes. This advice might not make much sense haha, but its just sort of my thought process when im concepting. confused.gif Silhouetteing is also a great idea-generating technique as evident by many people on here on the boards