Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sherrell WIP

yo guys heres another model im still working on it though i decided to test just making a normal map in photoshop instead of using zbrush, just wont to try something new, its texturing is pretty basic b/c im still working on the normal map.
sherrell.jpgsherrellb.jpgsherrells.jpg

Oh by the way its all seperated arms,hands,face,hair,hood,cloakthing,legs. If any one wants to see the texture maps just ask and ill post them

Replies

• The_Phantom_Tophat
    Hi

A few things are standing out that you can fix up. Mostly posture and where some of your body parts are located. I know this is a stylized piece and the reference does not line up exactly, but you can get the idea.

I'm putting up a quick image of your side view along with some reference, and some lines showing how the body should flow.

BodyFlow.jpg

It looks like right now the neck is coming from the middle area of the torso, it will need to be pushed back some. This should also fix where your clavicle would be located which should be the start point for how the chest will slump to the waist area.

I'm not sure what the age of this character is, but the breasts are very high.

Also, in my opinion, unless your character is going to have a crazy range of motion with their arms I'd recommend not modeling them with there arms straight out like that. If you model them in a relaxed position, about a 30 to 45 degree angle, you should be fine when you rig it and you will get less stretching on your texture.
  • sherrell
    hey thanx thats really helpful, i guess i still have a lot to learn about the curvature, so the upper body leans back alittle?