Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female anatomy base model WIP

After working for about 3 weeks (maybe 30-40 hours) on a Gunslinger Character for my demo reel, I decided to scrap it and start over from the start with a new base model pose.

I started with a female this time, since one of my other characters for my reel is female, and it changed it up bit. This is actually the first from scratch human model I have done since in the last year( Last time I reused the head and hands from my old mid poly model). I also started the habit of timing myself to see how long I am taking, as I tend to tweak and tweak for way too long, and to keep me motivated to improve my speed and efficiency modeling.

I am still having some flow issues, please point any and critiques so that I can implement them and finally get uving and texturing.

Just another note, the Waist, and legs are lower poly because the character will have leggings/armor covering there, and I will add in what I need when making those later.

Time - 15hrs
Polys - 2726 Tris
Thanks.

Front-Body.jpg
Side-Body.jpg
Back-Body.jpg
Front-Head.jpg
Side-Head.jpg
Back-Head.jpg

Replies

• chip
    Offline / Send Message
    chip polycounter lvl 18
    Head's kind of small and tapers too much from the temples up, neck's too broad at the base, deltoid regions sit a bit too far out, upper arms too short, arms in general too short, dorsal (upper) side of breasts sags in to chest too much, waist pinched a bit drastically for such a heavyset figure, inside of upper thighs need more volume (again because she's heavyset), lower part of buttocks set a little too high, calves bulge a little too much in the inside & not enough on the outside, recurve of the spine looks a bit forced, as if she's jutting her hips out.

Face/head features need some better anatomical accuracy, study some examples and work on the neck/skul/jaw intersections area, ear shapes (too boxy), depth of eye sockets, transition from brow to nose, mouth structure (it's too wide and too thin vertically).
  • MikeDoyle
    Thanks a lot for all the suggestions, I am working on implementing the changes, and I will post up the new version when it is done.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    Use reference!