edit: oh crap hes more complex than I remember

Replies

• ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    corpserwipuf1.jpg
    about an hour's work
    I set myself a budget of 250 tris max (200 pref) for the body forms so I could afford 30 tris per leg (x8) and then maybe throw in a few more image planed spikes.

Ultimately I think I'll be able to nail it down tighter when the legs and scale is in, and its textured, I'll then be able to pull a few verts around.

Finding it hard to find refs for a corpser, theyre all either at an awkward angle or something obscuring the rest of the body, and the problem with the GoW asset off the game is that its all curved up. I wasnt even aware it had a head!

edit:done legs,[save for minor vert pushing and pulling] they came in a lower count than I'd expected
    corpsernp7.jpg

Dont know whether to spend the extra 150 on a tiny marcus fenix or the caves that this thing dwelled in?
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    corpserql5.jpg

beauty render
    Yeah I know the entry limits just testing it

Base is about 144 tris. Couldnt think of any equipment the corpser has so I made a little cover - in a GoW tribute it only makes sense to model cover.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work! I was considering doing a Corpser for my entry as well, but looked a little full on for 500 tris. Though you seem to have pulled it off fairly well. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the texture.

-caseyjones