Home Technical Talk

Max 9 x64 craziness

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Slum polycounter lvl 18
So, I'm trying to render out a sequence of frames. I can render individual frames just fine with no problem, but as soon as I set it to render multiple frames, it just continuously renders the first frame over and over again, for the duration of the frames I selected to render.

Any ideas wtf is going on? frown.gif

Replies

• Fraya713
    maybe i'm over simplifying this... if thats the case, i apologize. i am going to assume your rendering out an animation?

make sure in your render settings you check the render the active time segment, or you can render teh range of frames.
    my guess is something in your render options is wacky. i'll google it and see if i come up with something..
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks..

I know I can set the render settings to choose multiple frames - thats exactly what I'm doing. The problem is that I can render a single frame just fine, any frame i want. But as soon as I choose either active time segment, or a frame range (for example frames 0-32), it will render the first frame only, 32 times.

I've gone over the render settings and it seems like everything is fine...

It works fine in other scenes, and if I knew of some way to export particle systems/space warps/geometry to a new scene I'd try that too.. :\
  • Fraya713
    what kind of file type are you rendering as? i'm not exactly sure how to do it in max, but maybe try batch rendering? other than that, i can't really think of why it would be doing that..

i just thought of something, you dont have depth of field or camera blur on do you? because it will render the same frame multiple times for that.. have you gone through and tried rendering the whole scene and you just get 32 frames of the same image or did you cancel it before it was finished?
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I get 32 frames of the same image (the first frame).

Since this is something for work, I don't really have a lot of time left to figure stuff out, so I think I'm just going to resort to cutting my losses and starting over.. That is, unless somebody knows some way to export particle systems..
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, after doing some tests it looks like it's only Afterburn that won't render multiple frames. Setting my dummy objects to renderable shows that they are animating just fine, but afterburn is sticking at the first frame. Strange, but at least I know who to call smile.gif