dbaxe.jpg

jetboy.jpg

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Very cool, and very clean! Good job.

Beware of seams. Examples: the front to back blue transition (back of shoulders) on the vest of the 1st character. Inner thigh of leg and neck to chest of the 2nd. It is these small things that stand out.

Otherwise, keep it up, post more, and I'm sure the regular character artists here can give more feedback.
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    very cool for some pretty low poly counts, can you post some wireframe goodness up?
  • roidvoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    these are really nice!
    two weeks of 3dstudio? amazing
    i gotta learn 3ds. i know maya but...
    yeah anyways these are great. looks like something outta final fantasy or kingdom hearts.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    that's a load of wasted space on the UVs. frown.gif
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    Oh yes! a japanese guy!
    Then nice style, I like it!

However maybe 2 or 3 things you can maybe remember for next time smile.gif
    - joint texture on the leg...
    - And about glasses.. I think you can maybe collapse it to the head... It can help you to have best and easy work on Uvs of hairs. And for the back of hair You can maybe do a symmetry and win time of work and same things for Uvs...

naktim_2firstCharacter_A00.jpg

So for a 2 week training for dsmax and do this model, this is very nice!
    Good work then! grin.gif
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demoncage polycounter lvl 18
    i second the crit about the uv space. but all and all these are really nice. great job.
  • Mtg_kirin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awesome 1st chars. seems have been mentioned already. but cool concepts and models
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    gees,dude,it awesome grin.gif
    the seams and some irration use of UV spave have been mentioned aleady, so I just might add,that the way the first guy holds the Axe is kinda strange(at least to me) - he could hold the axe tighter if the big finer was on the other side of the handle....But maybe thats just the way you wanted to pose him...
    hey...this stuff is definetly KH inspired, isn't it? blush.gif
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
    Very nice work! Who taught you to model that well in only 2 weeks? And yes, the axe handles need to be inbetween the thumbs and hands.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    (whistle)

I wish my first looked that good. As has been stated already, you have a very clean and polished style. It will serve you well. I would recommend trying to put a little more character and personality into the faces of your two characters. Aside from that there are only minor technical quibbles that everyone else has already touched on. Very solid for a first effort.
  • warby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    i say you are full of shit NOWAY these are your first 2 models they are WAY too GOOD =)
  • Phobos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phobos polycounter lvl 18
    Imma have to agree with warby. this is some solid stuff man. If thats 2 weeks of learning and modeling, then you've definitely got a bright future in as a game artist.