Home Artists Looking For Work

Texture artist looking for home

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
shotgun polycounter lvl 19
I'm a soon-to-be fresh graduate out of Ringling, and I'm looking for an entry position as a texture artist. I'm skilled with traditional textures, acquainted with normal-mapping&co., and I'm generally aiming for the complete 3D trade-skill set for the future.

My website is - http://www.planetquake.com/skingun

Thanks for looking!

jobpimp.jpg

Replies

• Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Good luck man. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a job. You have skills like mad.

Somebody hire this guy already. smile.gif
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18

Shotgun,

You know I've been waiting for you to do this! (get work)

I've passed your info around, but can you assemble a simple thumbnail portfolio? Such as a photoshop automated gallery. Your current site seems to only half work, and I've love for everyone to be able to see just how talented you are!
  • locus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shotgun,

You've done some really good work here. Honestly, the most I could suggest to round off your 2d portfolio is maybe a couple things.

1) Show something more than characters. Environment concept art is a good example of something that might help.

2) I'd also show texture sheets broken into their normal/color/specular parts if possible. That will help employers see how strong your understanding of next-gen texturing is.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks guys, I've installed a simple portfolio link on the main page. Optimal simplicity.

I also included a few more images exclusively to the simple portfolio /hint nudge etc.

Locus 2) Only the buggy skin has N/C/S to show, and all textures are supposed to be accessible using the PREV/NEXT buttons -- now visible all the time.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Looks bloody awesome shotgun. My only crit is because you use lightbox (or similar), when you go to skins and right click > open in new tab on a character you totally miss the alternate shots and texture flats! thats the best bit! Makes it look like there is less work than there actually is, I had no idea they were there.

Best of luck buddy, are you interested in contract work as well? I got asked if I knew of any good texture artists the other day for some contract work, it could be too late but I'll point them your way if its available.