Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

roll outa bed sculpts.

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
stimpack polycounter lvl 10
So ive started to keep a dream journal. and i figured since im keeping track of the rediculous stuff goin on in my head i minez well try to make some of them =) so here are 2 i dreamed about the last two nights. These are just speed sculpts off base meshes, how far i take them depends on how much time i have. more than anything i just wanted to get the visual idea down so i can revisit later the ones i liked.

i invite anyone else to play along =)

this guy (in the dream) was some dead thing. someone stabed it in the head with a board that has runes on it and he was reanimated. then he ran around eating poeople.

wip1.jpg

this guy was just some bull man thing that people reguarded as a super hero. (zbrush kept crashing, i was alot further along than this, but now i dont care to try again)

strongox1.jpg

ill have another tommorow =)

Replies

• Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Cool idea, you've got some strange dreams. Maybe try a stimulus (Playing games, watch a movie, music) before bed for even stranger results. If I have one of my fucked up nightmares tonight I'll be sure to post some sculpts crazy.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    stop doing acid and going to sleep phil
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    I like the first one quite a bit.

the seccond one i dig, but IMO the head is ruining it a little bit. sucks to hear that you lost a lot of work. that can be bloody discouraging...
  • kongni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kongni polycounter lvl 17
    That's awesome.
    Keeping a dream journal is great. Making models based on your dreams is even better.
    Keep it up! I'm totally jealous that you have enough time to record your dreams AND do a quick 3D sculpt based on them in the same day smile.gif
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Even better if it became reality...
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    I found if I eat spicy food right before I go to sleep, my dreams are pretty whacked out...not to mention I get super duper gassy! :P

*edit*...Nice characters, btw. The first one is pretty unique. Dont really have any crits considering you just sketched them out really quick wink.gif
  • Darksun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darksun polycounter lvl 18
    LOL gotta love what your mind can come up with without your express permission!
  • Loren Broach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loren Broach polycounter lvl 10
    [ QUOTE ]
    stop doing acid and going to sleep phil

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I disagree with you there, Keep doing acid and keep sleeping! this is stuff is cool! lawl.
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    this is genius! i love the idea of "making your dreams come true" :P
    the first character is amazing!
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    ...making your nightmares come true, i dont know if thats a good think! laugh.gif
    The Head is great, really creepy!
  • Defeat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahaha I love the first sculpt. What material are you using for it?
  • stimpack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stimpack polycounter lvl 10
    haha glade yall are enjoying =) id enjoy it if some of yall made some too! dont make me out to be the only weirdo here =P

shader is from zbrushcentral, i forgot the guys name, but he tossed it and a bunch others up for download. im sure if u just poke around u will find it easily.

here is todays. this dream was incredibly vague, kept waking up and falling back asleep so i think i forgot mass majority of it. best i could remember this guy was a politic, and this is kinda what he looked like. after i started sculpting i realized it kinda looked like a mix betweeen the big guys on mario brothers the movie and a painting i watched alexi do at massive black workshop a week ago.

longneck1.jpg

enjoy =)

edit: im a complet ass, i forgot to say im using arsh's base bust mesh on the first head and the most recent one. everyone kept raving about it, so i thought id try it out. so far im not toooo sold on it, i prefer my base meshes to have eye sockets already in them, but it was free so im not gonna nit pick =)
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    great idea, hope you keep doing it for a while! Be interesting to see if such a focus on your dreams changes them... and you'll be able to look back after a few months of this and see some kind of progression in your dream characters. Or something. More pls.