Home Technical Talk

New Wings3D version

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
Mostly internal changes, a few new features and bug fixes. Check their forum for a full list of changes.

www.wings3d.com

But it is good to see that there is finally some development progress of my favorite modelling application again smile.gif

Replies

• movento
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    movento polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks for posting this here,JKMakowka. I probably wouldn't have noticed there was a new version if i dind't saw this here. Wings3D was the first modeling program i tried and i still use it often. Imo it's still a fast and easy to use modeler. Gonna try the new version now grin.gif
  • CrazyButcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
    if it wasnt coded in a language meant for parallel tasks in server applications, I am sure it would have kicked blender's ass so bad by now... I like the simplicity of the app. but I guess progress is completely bound to the guy who made it, eventhough its opensource I bet there arent many server-app-coders who are into 3d art wink.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I sort of agree... but by now there are two or three regular contributors, so it is not all that bad looking.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    i thought wings was neat back in the day as a replacement for nendo. and that's all it ever wanted to be if i recall right. you could see in the later releases that it became a strange mix of nendo/mirai-ish ease of use and simplicity of ui design and more 'mechanical' maya things creeping in left and right, not fitting in at all.

i'd rather see them start something fresh, not beat the dead horse any more. guess what, the requirements for a polymodeller have changed since nendo was hot.