Home Technical Talk

Dual Monitor Mouse Issues

dfacto
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
dfacto polycounter lvl 18
A bit more of a tech question, but..

I'm running a Radeon x800 GTO, and I just hooked up a second monitor. When I go to the windows properties monitor settings and click to extend the desktop to the 2nd monitor my mouse goes nuts. As long as the desktop is extended to the 2nd monitor the cursos randomly blinks around the screen, even if I don't touch it at all. When I undo the extend, everything is normal. Anyone get this as well? Kind of a bummer since I'm looking forward to having two monitors, but it doesn't work if I can't use my mouse. :/

Both monitors have the same resolution and I'm using a Logitech MX600 mouse with the Setpoint software, if that helps.

Replies

• East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    I'm going to ask the first question anyone probably will ask you: have you tried updating your drivers? Every time I've had a problem graphics related, it's usually helped me to get the latest drivers.

Probably not a solution, but most likely a good start smile.gif
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Yup, got the latest drivers and all.

Actually, it's kinda funny, but it resolved itself... After switching to extended desktop again and playing with my tablet I found out the tablet works normally, and after using the tablet for a while the mouse stopped teleporting around my screen by itself. I dunno why, but I'll accept that. :P