Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Keen's Portfolio Site

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Loren Broach polycounter lvl 10
Didn't even get to ENJOY Halloween yesterday because I was too busy getting my portfolio site up.

EDIT: I did eat some candy actually. And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

A job opening popped up for an associate prop artist and I thought I was qualified. Really want to get a job soon so I'm here to pimp my portfolio. What do you guys think?

www.lorenbroach.com

Also, gauss made a website comp a while back for someone that was never used. I asked him if I could base my site off it and he said yes, so Thanks Gauss! smile.gif

Replies

• penrod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    penrod polycounter lvl 14
    Hey Keen, I like the layout of the site. simple, yet effective. The phonograph, gas pump and light post are my favorites. I think the german environment could use some more texture variation. Right now it looks like the floor, walls, and ceiling are using the same texture. The background in the hitler poster is too black. It's rare that something would appear pure black in real life. The wood planks could be spaced apart differently. Right now they are all perfectly placed. It's good practice to avoid straight lines as much as possible. Even breaking those lines by a pixel or two can make a big difference. Keep up the work, i really like the props that you have so far.
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Clean site Keen. Good models, you show all your work which is good. Probably a good idea to put some more information on that Nazi level [what you did, maybe you did it all, and some wires and texture sheets].

Also it would probably be a good idea to make your contact info easier to find. Not that it is hard to find, but I would make it easy to see on every page and on each image. Some time hiring managers just save images, and if someone sees this image, they won't know whose it is. Maybe real small on each image you just have your name, web address, and email address.
    Not only does this help potential hiring, but makes it less likely someone will steal your images. Someone is more likely to get an image that has no info on it then photoshop out your name.

These are all pointers I have gotten on my site from people in the industry, so I thought I'd pass them on. Good work, bro
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    Keen,
    In addition to the info others have given, I think you could really use some more information and better formatting in your resume'.

Here's a link to my current resume:
    http://shadowserver.no-ip.org/Dom/PlainResume.php

I hope this gives you an idea of what I mean.
  • Oleg Linkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keen, in case you want to credit that "unknown" concept artist, it's actually Feng Zhu (http://www.fengzhudesign.com/)

these images are no longer in his new gallery, but I guess you can match his signature, if you want to be sure.

other than that nice works, keep it that way smile.gif
  • breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    hey loren, scrap that concept of the steam carrage. I mean its cute and all but it reads as non professional. That normal map on the kriss still rocks!! Its good to see that you have stayed working on those projects and imporved them greatly. good job.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    great site, great work dude, I like it a lot.

maybe add a link to download your resume though? could be useful.

besides that, sweet.
  • Loren Broach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loren Broach polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I addressed some of the problems but not all of them.

Breakneck (aka Lawrence smile.gif) - I realize the concept for the carriage isn't top notch but the reason I put it there was to show potential employers that I think and concept out what I do before I dive into modeling.

bounchfx - Great idea! I will include that soon.

Cody - I put my contact on my images, I'll see if I can put it on the front page and not make it look tacky.

penrod- I'll try to get to those changes if I can.

MAUL0r - I really don't know what I could add to it. I put all my skills and past experience on it, what else could I add?

Oleg Linkov - Thanks Oleg! Glad someone knew who it was heh.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I really like the site and the work, looks nice.

Alex
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Stuff looks great for what you do have...one thing about your resume is that it'd be nice to create a PDF version of it for printing.