Home Technical Talk

Ask A Polycounter - "Maya View Port Issues"

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
pliang polycounter lvl 17
So as I'm wrapping up my new portfolio scene for the this weekend...I'm continuously experiencing a symptom on Maya that when sometimes I just started the program and pan through the scrn it would freeze and the bottom would distort.

Anyone encounter this sort before?

This only happened when I upgraded my graphics card (7800 GTS to 8800)

MayaViewPortIssues.jpg

Replies

• SkullboX
    Offline / Send Message
    SkullboX polycounter lvl 18
    Go to the CGtalk maya main forum, the 8800 is a disaster for maya, there are some solutions there I think.

The 8800GT is suposed to come out soon and supposedly is a very decent card, but I'm not buying it until it can handle maya.
  • animatr
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    i got upgraded to an 8800 at work and it has sucked ever since. i get a fun viewport issue, where when i zoom, i see the model zooming while Im doing it, then when i stop, it's displays right where it was before the zoom. to fix it, I have to go fullscreen into another panel, like the hypergraph, then fullscreen out of it. weird shit
  • tremulant
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    Yes I have a Gforce 7900 with maya 8.0 on Windows xp. I got this issue more than once, and so have my colleagues at work,

I found that it occurred more often when I used a file that was from 7.0 in 8.0. I seem to get the issue while cutting, and there is no work around other than restarting maya, or the whole cpu.
    Try exporting the whole thing out as an OBJ or something, and getting a fresh scene for it., that usually helps.

Also , anyone know of a good video card around 200 that works really well with new versions of maya?
  • SouL
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    I fucking hate it when this happens at work. I'm not sure what nvidia video card I have... but it only started happening after I updated my video drivers to play TF2 at work.
    My quick fix is to minimize Maya, then restore it. That usually works. If it doesn't, a heard restart of the program is in order.
  • pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Fair enough I'll give it a run through...but yea so far the only thing I could manage to get around with is to restart the program when symptoms occur....feck