5,000 triangles, 1 512x512 texture.

Modeled in Maya, Painted in Photoshop.

CGGirl.jpg

CGGirlWF.jpg

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    I like it. It looks good, very RPG-ish.

Crits:
    - The textures need work. The flesh and the leather are both reading like naked human flesh. Which is good for the arms, bad for the leather. Darken the leather up and give it some leathery texture overlays to bring out look of leather and really sell it as such.
    - Her nose is kind of a round bulb that lacks nostirls on the side. Also pretty RPG/Anime women don't have noses or if they are there, its a tiny point.
    - The teeth are too white, don't forget the teeth sit inside the mouth which keeps light from reaching the teeth. Also very rarely is tooth color 100% pure white. Even putting a tiny bit of color in there will help.
    - She has one tooth instead of teeth. You should paint subtle separations between the teeth, you don't need to go from top to bottom with a solid black line, just little indents at the top and bottom will help.
  • dreigrasheir
    glad she comes across that way... i get the idea thats what the artist intended, and RPG's are my favorite genre.

ahh, whoops. i knew i forgot to paint something. thanks! I used to have more texture on the leather, but then i went from a 1024 to a 512 texture. i guess i should revisit that part.

that nose has been giving me trouble from day 1 :P I'll fidget with it some more.

thanks, very helpful!
  • Xaltar
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Commented on this over at CGsociety, Vig pretty much nailed it down though. My advice would be to focus on one area at a time with regards to detail then work in some color variations on the whole thing once the details are worked out.
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    The jacket seems to be missing a little triangular piece of fabric between the collar and the folded back bit. It looks a bit peculiar with out it.

Sorry, that was a terrible description. If need be I'll do a quick paintover tomorrow morning to show you what I'm on about.