Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Seforin's Self improving thread(sCulpting/anatomy)

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    delete and start over, you have gotten past the point of learning, the momment you stick a stuppid scar on a character you have gone past any substance and into silly sugar coatings,

this is suposed to be a self improving thread, but youve done nothing lately but tiny tweaks on this thing,

delete and make something new. return to learning. this is really doing you no good.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    delete and start over, you have gotten past the point of learning, the momment you stick a stuppid scar on a character you have gone past any substance and into silly sugar coatings,

this is suposed to be a self improving thread, but youve done nothing lately but tiny tweaks on this thing,

delete and make something new. return to learning. this is really doing you no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea I already said earlier I was going to finish up this guy and start a new low poly mesh once I finished him up , just wanted to show I made some progress via x-normal and rendering, in the next week or so I will start a new low poly mesh and begin a new study from scratch smile.gif

either way gotta get this done before the holidays
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok lads sorry I havent updated in some time but Ive been really busy finish up the reel and the recent field promotion of my job (go to the general section to see more details on that) anyway AS I Said before I would begin this new year begining more 2d art to get a understanding to the forms proportions and overall all the things I just really dotn understand, at the moment im doing a study of bones with a ref trying to really just get the general structure correct, sorry if its incomplete at the moment only really drew for like a hour or so before I really got fustrated and needed to sleep, But I still want to improve and grow as far as 2d art goes so what suggestions do you guys think?

I was figuring to take this once I nail down bones and do a overlay of muscle structures later on kinda build templates based off bones to understand my anaomty a bit easier?

or should I just start drawing more 2d forms and blocks before I even go that far?

Any concept artists on here advice you can give here would be awesome for a 2d beginner I guess?

note :I want to get better at anatomy not be a concept artist. So please dont worry about emotion or feeling in any sort of drawings when your giving advice(well for now atleast :P )

anyway just for shits and giggles penis rocket

January22_08.jpg
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    Keep at it. This is what you need to be doing, imo.

Honestly, it's not entirely necessary for you to draw and/or understand a complex skeletal-structure. What is important is for you to understand the FORMS that make up the human body and the major muscle groups. It's not as important to know how many ribs are in the ribcage as it is to understand the overall shape that the ribcage has. Having a passing knowledge of the skeleton and a decent understanding of the location of joints should suffice.

Take note, this is not something you can spend a week or two study on, move on to muscles, spend a week on that, and have licked. If you really want to improve, resign yourself to spend the rest of your life doing it.

Here's some stuff that may help:
    some pose and anatomy art lesson videos

figure construction drawing

John Buscema drawing Capt America
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I already taken to like draw more often I just dont want to be to a concept artist state since my loev for 3d is more higher!But I want to become a better character artist to design out my own designs and model and texture them ,Anatomy is key in life as I was told to make things look good tongue.gif

but thanks I'll work on it!