Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Crimz WIP need crits

Hi guys, im working on an upcoming mod for crysis and i would like to have some c&c to enhance my character. I think modeling is good but i dont know how to tweak my textures.
crimzlowerex3.jpg
crimzupperyl9.jpg
crimzwholezz6.jpg

here it is, if youd like to see the texture maps just tell me id be more than happy to show you so you can help me

thx guys

Replies

• Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Texture flats are the only real way to crit the textures in this case, from what I can see your diffuse is weak and your spec almost looks like you used a solid grey sheet for it or a simple greyscale of the diffuse. Your boots look like concrete and the normal map looks very bloby on the shoulders and neck. I can't crit the model because the normal map makes it look vastly different to the base model itself.

A tip on getting crits, you need

1. a render (te one you posted is fine)
    2. A shot without the normal map (can include wires)
    3. A wire shot (if not included in 2)
    4. Texture flats (can be scaled down)
    5. If needed, shots from different angles.

My comments may seem harsh but they are my honest opinion and none of them will require a mountain of work to fix so don't get discouraged.

Keep it up and post up sme more shots for critique.
  • aniceto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aniceto polycounter lvl 18
    posting the concept would help too.

I'm getting the impression from his shoulders that one of the normal map channels is inverted...? or perhaps the lowpoly mesh was a bad fit for the high?
  • westsidazrhidaz
    uppernormaljp7.jpglowernormalwb1.jpguppercoloryz4.jpglowercolorjn4.jpgcrimznormalwireau1.jpgcrimznormalbackwirevz4.jpgcrimznormalbackbt8.jpgcrimznormaldl8.jpg

Thx for the help guys, here is what you asked and heres a link were you can see concepts and highpoly(Wip at that time)Crimz. There is really no need to show spec map since it was only a quick test so.
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    I love that the first screenshot puts a biohazardous crotch-plate in your face.