Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I'm back and I have a video.

morrowindsky81993
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
morrowindsky81993 polycounter lvl 17
I created a beta version of a video, and I had nowhere else to post it, so please watch it. And if there is anyone who didn't want me back, (There has to be someone)tell me. I used Garry's Mod for this. Oh, by the way, see if you can tell the parodies, especially the one before the "Pedantic" part.

Braniac Home Productions G-Mod Extravaganza Beta

Oh, and pardon the low quality. The program I make it in exports it too big, and the program I use to make it smaller makes it too small.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Holy shit this is so awesome! kekekeke
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    WOW! That was really terrible!
    I was bored pretty much all the way through the video.
    If it meant to be funny... I didn't laugh.
    The editing was really bad.
    I had no idea what the green text at the start even said. It was too jittery and then disappeared quicker than it appeared.
    The error message? Too compressed to even see what that said.
    Too much Bjork, not enough Ridge Racer.
    Now post cats!

-caseyjones
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry kid, but your first mistake was choosing a song which has Christopher Walken dancing in the original music video... you just can't top Christopher Walken dancing, anything you try is going to pale in comparison by default.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Listen buddy, try looking up the word "Beta." I mean, this isn't even being close to complete! And besides, if it is really that bad, how about giving me an idea of how to FIX IT and not just coming up with complaints? Man, you make me want to puke. I bet you didn't even think about anything BUT the problems with it. Oh, and EarthQuake, I appreciate your compliment. At least someone likes it.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok. I will consider taking it out, but please remember that it was simply a parody.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    I was being facetious. No need to change anything on my account, I really don't have an opinion about the video. I just cracked a joke about Walken.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You guys dont know a thing about art, a lot of you pretenious "artists" could learn a thing or two if you just sat down and looked at this video for what it really *is*.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    wow...did you write this yourself? i cried.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    this is why earthquake is my favorite person ever. i r moving to iowa for bumsecks.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum you silly bitch you are just a couple hours away from me and the gaussman
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    oh, you live in THAT iowa!
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    OMG THAT WAS THE BEST THING IV EVR FUKKIN SEEN LOLOLOOLOLL
    Get the fuck out.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    oh, you live in THAT iowa!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes! See now you're getting it. You should come down sometime, but be warned; i only do one night stands. NO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesus Christ. You just don't get it, do you? This community doesn't need your shitty videos, your shitty websites, and most of all -- your shitty attitude. I know that sounds rough, considering I just shat all over you, but these are the facts of the matter.

Everyone is not out to get you. Take the comments as they are. If someone says your work sucks, then... it probably does. Work on it.

When you decide that you want to take art seriously, then create a new account, and a new persona, and come back. Until then, take your drama-queen antics elsewhere. I hear the IGN forums cater to 14-year old shit-disturbers like yourself.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    [ QUOTE ]
    Listen buddy, try looking up the word "Beta." I mean, this isn't even being close to complete!

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the following sentence, try taking your own advice and look up the word "Beta".

And stop making shitty classic rock AMVs.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lets get back on topic here folks.

Mr. Tyus(Walken): [ stands up ] Good morning, it's good to be here. I suppose I should start by addressing what's.. surely on all your minds: my record as a captain. I realize you probably know me best as the captain who sunk our ship.. and brought about this regrettable situation. I can see now that it was foolish.. to take a shortcut.. through.. Iceberg Alley when it was only going to shave 10.. 15 minutes off our three-week trip. I can also admit that it was a mistake to use all the flares from this lifeboat.. to light my farts. I was trying to improve.. raft morale, but only succeeded in causing some.. [flubs saying “pretty serious”] prettious serious.. burn scars. Also, in regards to the past two nights, I'd like to apologize for the gay stuff.
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think lolcats are hilarious! that trend is in no way played out, nor is spamming lolcats to peoples' threads obnoxious!
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    how about giving me an idea of how to FIX IT and not just coming up with complaints?

[/ QUOTE ]

how about giving us an idea of what exactly you were trying to achieve with this video?

[ QUOTE ]
    I bet you didn't even think about anything BUT the problems with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't see much of anything that was right with the video. it was a bunch of random gameplay footage clips vaguely set to music. there did seem to be some level design work in there but i don't know if you did that since all the attention was focused on some glitchy ragdoll physics.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    i think lolcats are hilarious, too! and i also enjoy image leeching.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    And so once again Polycount throws off the facade of professionalism and another thread devolves into childish squabbling.

Joy.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    notice: please stop lolcat-ing threads. you can go back to 4chan or wherever else it is you enjoy such activities, but on polycount i'm declaring it a disruptive nuisance. we pride ourselves on having at least marginally better board etiquette than your average internet cesspool. back on topic.

this is a legitimate pimp, low quality as it may be.
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, Jackablade, but we're not big-wig Wall Street investors. We make art... for video games. What do you expect?

Morrowindsky has already established his horrible reputation, and until it changes, he's going to be met with the same reaction. Why should we take him seriously when he can't take himself seriously?
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I bet you didn't even think about anything BUT the problems with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, it's funny, I was in a conversation with an art teacher regarding this. You see when one becomes an "artist", meaning they know a thing or two about certain shit, it's hard to not see problems. Why do you think this message board is so quick to point out things like texture seems, bad poly flow and poor presentation? It's honestly for the better that we see problems and only remark on them, because it helps us help you. But at the same time, it leaves the artist with the inability to enjoy anything that isn't polished, for the most part at least.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Neo_God is spot on there, it becomes harder and harder to appreciate the good as you get along in art. Its even worse when your ability to spot the bad in your own work exceeds your ability to correct it. Thats when you start getting discouraged. I am pretty good at spotting flaws in stuff now (compared to a few months ago at least) whereas my art is pretty much stuck at a wall atm. Very annoying.

As for the vid and attitude displayed regarding its comments, well, its as simple as this:

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the goddamned kitchen.

I have been flamed on these forums in the past on topics that I, at the time, did not see in the same light as other forum members and in fact I stoped posting here for quite some time. Once I realised that I had been wrong in my point of view and that I had actually outright offended people, I came back, did my best to make ammends and strived to improve my work and listen to the critics given to me. Whilst some of the comments I recieved were base insults and simple childishness a lot of it was brought on by my own overdefensiveness. Part of growing in any profession is learning how to deal with critics and best use them to improve yourself. If someone just says its crap, just ask politely:

"What exactly makes it crap? I would appreciate it if you could point out areas I could improve."

If you get a snotty reply the chances are that the mods of the forums will step in or someone else will try to help you. Throwing a tantrum will get you nowhere.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I just had to post again because I didn't feel my first post really contributed in helping you out.
    Personally dude, if you want to pimp something in a game artist forum, make some actual "game art". Recording a video of you manipulating existing game assets is not game art. Its something just about anyone in the world can do (and probably does do). But its not going to gain you any respect from a bunch of industry guys who may have actually created those assets to see you tear them to shreds accompanied to a poorly selected score.
    I really don't care how old you are and I know some of us here on Polycount can and will act like children from time to time. But grow up! Do something constructive, sketch something, model something in 3D. Until then, you'll jut be seen as a Polycount troll who everyone is going to rag on.

-caseyjones
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sorry, Jackablade, but we're not big-wig Wall Street investors. We make art... for video games. What do you expect?

[/ QUOTE ]A modicum of tact, as my esteemed colleague Mr Xaltar demonstrates above. Lowering yourself to casting aspersions on another or their work only reflects badly on yourself. I'm well aware that This MorrowindSky fellow has been problematic in the past, but if you, all of you, at least made a little attempt to convey yourselves in a reasonable or at least not outwardly antagonistic fashion, this would be a more pleasant place for all of us.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    i'm sorry i watched that for way too long. My ears are bleeding with the horrible music and I thought I had to install new video drivers with the way the screen kept getting jacked up.

These videos are generally annoying in my opinion. My cousin makes them from time to time and I just want to kick him in the balls and punch him in the face while he's still down. I guess I don't see the humor in it or the point for that matter.

Now if it was something cool like Red vs Blue or other good vids like that than yeah pimp the hell out of it because thats worth seeing.

Right now this is like the donkey show in tijuana. You really wanna see it but once it gets started you leave quickly. I'm sure earthquake would sit around and eat popcorn though.

Anyways I hope for our eyes and ears sake you can come up with a more quality video soon.
  • Aldo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Oh, by the way, see if you can tell the parodies, especially the one before the "Pedantic" part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it a parody of Satan taking a dump in my eyes and ears?

Just kidding...I've seen dumber things...maybe.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    lol you guys dont understand that this guy is a genuine troll , he belongs to those communities that troll the hell of others , and like i say , do not feed the troll....wich i just did oh shi-!
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    i am speechless
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    you're lucky. i needed to scrub my eyes with the most awesome scenes of star wars, before the visions went away..
  • killingpeople
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    I got really lost when 'pedantic' popped up on the screen. The amount of words you know is sort've okay for a kid your age, I guess, but using them all wrong doesn't make you look smart.
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    I GIVE U A BANANA STICKAHHHH!!

banana-sticker.jpg
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    This would of been cool back in 1996, like the almost completely random Blahbalicious. Your video is just random goofing around, pick one topic, like the Weapon of choice video and do it proper, remake the lobby that Walken is dancing around in and match the video
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    Hey I didnt post a single lolcat, I posted PAINTED cats.
    -get it straight GOSH >_<

your right though- dont feed dem trollz
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lets have cookie party! cookie_party.gif
  • morrowindsky81993
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I give up. I'm starting from scratch, and I want your ideas. Just come up with some stuff you think is good enough, and I will listen and do what I can.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why would we care? You make a terrible troll.
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll give you the best advice I can. Whether or not you choose to run with it is entirely your decision.

First of all, ditch the name. "morrowindsky81993" is tainted, and forever will be. The only thing people will remember you on here for is the shit that your threads seem to cause. Don't even allude to the fact that you are, or were "morrowindsky81993." People will hate you for it.

Second, it's in your best interest to actually show game art. I know it's fun to make music videos and whatnot, but this isn't a community for that kind of thing. If you don't have any interest in art, then this is not the community for you. No personal attacks here. That's just the way it is.

Third, stop alluding to the fact that you're 14. People will automatically judge you, no matter how good whatever you've made is. That means, remove the "1993" from your name, don't make excuses for a piece of work being sub-par because you're young, and most of all, don't try to impress people by being "mature for your age." It doesn't work that way.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, is this -- change your attitude. Maybe you're trying to atone for whatever you've caused in the past, but there really are a lot of people out there with good, honest-to-God criticism. If someone says your work is shit, then they're probably being sincere. No abuse. No crying. No excuses.

Just keep your chin up and work on making it better. The keyword here is "work." Yes, in between all the fun, there is work to be done. If you put in a half-assed effort, then you'll only get half-assed results. None of the artists here got to where they are now by slacking off.

Terribly sorry if that sounded rough or abrasive, but it was meant to be an eye-opener. I'm not going to sugar-coat everything for you, and neither will anyone else here. If you want to make something of yourself, then learn to deal, and get to work.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

Third, stop alluding to the fact that you're 14. People will automatically judge you, no matter how good whatever you've made is. That means, remove the "1993" from your name

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, 14 yearolds come from 1993 these days? Time flies. frown.gif
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it's bad enough i deal with copy and paste anime/COOLTHINGS(neo darthmaul little sister)/nintendo model no talent whiny furry idiots that were born, spawned when I was watching Tiny Toons Adventures, Ren & Stimpy and Hammerman. Creepy
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    That was horrific - whatever the hell it is that I just watched.

Serious, what was it?
  • Motz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    I agree with Johny, he's a troll. Terrible video, no point, crappy music, not even remotely funny compared to other gary's mod vids. Go post this on a related site, this has nothing to do with PC.

Don't start over, just quit man. You obviously don't get the point of our community. You think this is related to model making or game art?
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    sorry guys , but I thought this was quite amusing. why all the hostility.I used to make silly mods myself years ago and always had a blast.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When I was his age I thought shooting barney in doom was the coolest thing ever. Gradient laser rockets were the bomb, Simpsons/STTNG MIDIs/Wavs were played non stop daily and I always made comedy mixes of them like retarded crossovers ("Shut up Wesley" to anything never gets old)

But given today being raised on internet video and memes as well as post-1998 Nickelodeon and Disney Channel the media has very adverse effects on a newcomer today. This bastardized unfunny form of "generation Y teen humor" is starting to take over the Earth, or at least the Western regions.

Well at least we see where EarthQuake settles in, Raven marathons eh? smile.gif
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    When I was his age I thought shooting barney in doom was the coolest thing ever. Gradient laser rockets were the bomb, Simpsons/STTNG MIDIs/Wavs were played non stop daily and I always made comedy mixes of them like retarded crossovers ("Shut up Wesley" to anything never gets old)

But given today being raised on internet video and memes as well as post-1998 Nickelodeon and Disney Channel the media has very adverse effects on a newcomer today. This bastardized unfunny form of "generation Y teen humor" is starting to take over the Earth, or at least the Western regions.

Well at least we see where EarthQuake settles in, Raven marathons eh? smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so proud of you cheapy
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    The resident evil thing was pretty cool or silent hill parody whichever it was, That was actually a good idea, assuming you came up with it.

The Christopher walken thing was also pretty funny.

This probly isnt the best forum for this kinda thing, but then again, we need to not take everything so seriously sometimes guys. I can understand if he has upset you in the past, but really...Ease up a bit on the guy, try not to have so much road rage. So he posted something that wasn't really very constructive, no biggie.

All that being said, Jgarland does have some strong points.

Its pretty awesome that you are doing things in Hl2 at 15 or whatever. You should use that to your advantage, and find more constructive ways of using the program though. Make some levels. Add funny things to them. Make a resident evil parody mod....Just ideas.

Dave
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually watching that video, i'll admit I laughed
    btw what's the song in the first part, before the weapon of choice thing?
  • WipEout
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WipEout polycounter lvl 15
    It was Parasite Eve. Before the "Pedantic" text, which, by the way, is completely out of place-- I saw nothing "pedantic" about the entire video. Work on the "Weapon of Choice" bit, and make THAT the entire video with an environment like the original Walken video (as was said earlier), or make the PE bit it's own video. Either way, cut out the random sh!t, and you may have something kind of amusing....
This discussion has been closed.