Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    looks like fear but a hell of a lot better, sweet name too wink.gif

got me excited for it.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome stuff, good job to you and the rest of Monolith!
  • coldwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Hey that's lookin' mighty fine. However, I hate the guys I can't hit--they're too fast frown.gif Also, I can't play it after dark... frown.gif

Seriously though, looks as fun as the last, love the new laser weapon, but I'm hoping all the old ones are still in because they kicked ass!

Please tell me we'll get to play outside the godamn office buildings and boring warehouses?
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    I dont like the name! wink.gif
    Looks like a lot fun. The fast gollum creatures are very cool!
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Looks neat. Graphically nice, but ditto on the environments. After the 1st few levels on the original I was tired of office buildings & warehouses. Give me a dock, or park or anything but offices.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Good stuff, especialy liking the pools of blood (yeeesss, blooooood. Mwahaha *rubs hands together manically), and crazy wall jumping monster thing.

A few things stood out as possibly needing change (be prepared, i'm not pulling any punches):

First off was the glass. I'm very curious to know why certan types of glass shatter into polygon chunks (at 0:20), and others into texture particles(0:21)? The first stood out to me because of the noise levels of the texture covering it (one texture repeated for the bullet holes, should probably have some less densly detailed or at least smaller variations), and the 2nd one becuase of the fragments seeming self-illumination, as well as some strangeness with the glass texture fade out durring the particle emmision where the bullet holes seemed to fade slower then the glass-wall texture.

Next thing I noticed was that some of the bullet holes in things like the pillar (0:22) seemed to dissapear if their were several overlapping.

I'm also assuming some of the office plants are stand ins atm (0:32), as their just really basic looking.

Despite liking the pools of blood, the 'active' blood is looking like explosions of powder atm (0:36)

At 0:38, when you kick over the bed, the players foot goes right through it.

At 0:46 the ragdoll physics go a little crazy (they seem to think one bullet is capable of breaking every major bone in a persons body).

Thats about all I noticed that was worth pointing out. Overall though the presentation is looking solid, will be keeping an eye on this one smile.gif
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Despite liking the pools of blood, the 'active' blood is looking like explosions of powder atm (0:36)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that's what it looks like when you shoot something, it isn't a crazy splatter of blood like in Gears, it's a fine mist exploding from the exit wound.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    eh...pretty art... and, these days, ANY name that's not a slly acronym is ok with me. But...I feel like it's just more 'ho hum'. I like the 'spooky' aspect. I do not like the 'tactical' aspect or the 'office building' aspect. The only gameplay in there that looked remotely interesting to me was against the fast moving wall hopper.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    I should add I love monolith..I enjoyed fear's gameplay, but it really did feel like monolith saying "you know what? We're sick of our quirky and slightly outside-the-box games never making any money. Let's just make a cash grabber."

It's a shame they never recieved the uber financial reward/encouragement the Nolf games deserved.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I admit that I misread the subject line and thought it was for Project Offset.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    To answer those comments find a copy of game informer that comes out soon. Well other than the glass comment I'm not talking about that... So if you find a copy thats been scanned feel free to post it.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Looks great to me man, congrats on your first game being shown off!

I do hope there's less office building levels though. Hopefully monolith listened to the fans and media, and made some more interesting locations.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    haha, looks good. Still havent finished the first one.

But yea, office building again??
  • coldwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, office buildings again. I just read the Game Informer, and while Skinner (some dev) said it will have "over 2.5x as many environments" (2.5 times more than a fucking office building? what the fuck?), he said they would be comprised of more buildings like hospitals and "an elementary school".

So it sounds like it's mostly indoors still. Major suckage man. What's wrong with a city park? Or even a large planted courtyard?
  • mvelasquez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh hell ya! I was wondering when FEAR was getting a new engine. I'm definitely getting this grin.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats TGZ showing off your release smile.gif

.........but looks boring to me. Same stale office environment, same slow-mo, environments look boring, are we ever going to get out of corridors and go outside? if you going to have destructible objects, then why isn't everything destructible?

I'll be passing on this one.
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    the fear demo killed my !two! harddisks,
    therefore I never tried fear (again) frown.gif
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Grats Skank smile.gif

I really enjoyed FEAR, but agree about lack of environments. I'll be getting this one as I'm sure it will be better than the first.

Really hoping for some outdoor stuff though.
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    name aside, the trailer looks pretty awesome. The sandbox setup sounds intriguing as well. The rag dolls look quite convincing. Everything sounds just as good as I remember it. Definitely looking forward to this one.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks all, and can't wait to pimp the next vid when we release it, when ever that is. "I think" the next one should kill alot of peoples worries about us not listening to the fans. For now the articles in game informer and games for windows will have to do.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    The main thing about FEAR was the firefights and AI. Charging around the corner throwing a grenade at a couple of guys as you go into slow mo and slide tackle a guy's legs out from under him, blasting him in the chest as he passes over your head then jumping and double kicking someone in the chest. Fun fun. Looking forward to what the combat will be like now with being able to make your own cover, which I also saw the AI doing in the video.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    I couldn't stand the story and the attempt at horror or whatever in the first one, but the gameplay and mechanics were top notch. This looks even better in that department, hopefully I'll like the story this time around.