Home General Discussion

Guitar Hero 3 coming to PC and Mac

mod
Title says it all!

About time everyone will be able to experience the majesty of Guitar Hero! (as long as Neversoft doesn't botch it...)

Thing I'm waiting to see is the modding action people do - unlimited songs without having to mod a console? nice.

has anyone not played this yet? if so, for shameeeeee. I mean... here's your chance.

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/11/guitar-hero-iii-coming-to-mac-and-pc-this-fall/

Replies

• pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Here's a better idea, import you're own song and play it
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    unlimited songs without having to mod a console? nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

...yes. as long as they get a note editor made, or perhaps included? you simply cannot import a song and have it work =)

but don't fret - there's going to be a huge community over this.. I'm pretty sure scorehero.com will take up the challenge and there will be plenty of extra songs around (if they don't make it illegal this time around)
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    thats great news !!! i really liked moded songs in xbox 360 version of gh2...
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    Man I'd love to model and texture a Clapton model during his Cream days!
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    as long as Neversoft doesn't botch it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no you didn't!!
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    OMG!!! pick up a freakin guitar and learn to play!...all the trouble to look stupid playing a fake musical instrament. der da der. can't wait for "PC keyboard" hero so i pretend like i know how to type. lolololol
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I've been playing guitar over 6 years. been playing every day consistently for probably 2-3.

it has NOTHING to do with liking or playing guitar hero. snap out of it.
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    yes it does...america has a hard enough time going outside to play an actual sport. instead they sit and play virtual sports and get fat. I can not wait for virtual job, virtual eating, vitual se...oh they have that.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    if you don't like it that is fine, and yes I do agree people should take the time to learn real instruments as they are awesome and totally worth it, but to say to just do that instead... not everyone has the amount of time needed to invest into the instruments to get this kind of fun and this experience out of it.

it's not the same.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Good. My 360 controller should work on my PC like it does already for Frets on Fire.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    OMG!!! pick up a freakin guitar and learn to play!...all the trouble to look stupid playing a fake musical instrament. der da der. can't wait for "PC keyboard" hero so i pretend like i know how to type. lolololol

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst argument ever. It is a game, and I like playing games. I don't pretend to be playing real guitar, I hit plastics buttons corresponding to colored dots that show up on my TV.
  • frostymoose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frostymoose polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    yes it does...america has a hard enough time going outside to play an actual sport. instead they sit and play virtual sports and get fat. I can not wait for virtual job, virtual eating, vitual se...oh they have that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play bass, guitar, and guitar hero. They are all fun. Get over it.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    as soon as they make an affordable usb guitar and package it with a GH-like game that uses tablature instead of colored buttons i might actually be able to learn how to play a guitar. tongue.gif

until then i will continue to own a guitar that i can't really play. frown.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Says the guy who is on the same message board typing away.