Home General Discussion

cholden goes to the wrestles

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
cholden polycounter lvl 18
Sunday I received the privilege of working my first wrestling match.

I enter the battle royal at 1:07, and eliminated at 1:49

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rjvkv7aEyxA

It was a lot of fun. It should have been rhinokey's first match too, but he was suspended for steriod abuse (politics). Looks great though.

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    yeah i was a total sandy vageen, shoulda been there.. oh anyone know what the music is during the battle royale?
  • Motz
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    If you mean the music from the video linked:

Transplants - Diamonds and Guns
    Seether - Remedy

So wait your saying that you are the guy in blue in this vid Cholden? Good lord thats fookin awesome. The geek-get-fit site is a cool concept also, but frankly I'd rather be skinny than bulky.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    but frankly I'd rather be skinny than bulky.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhohs
  • IronHawk
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Cool stuff Cholden. Looks like a blast.
  • Motz
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    but frankly I'd rather be skinny than bulky.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhohs

[/ QUOTE ]

As in I'm 250lbs now on the fat side (only my stomach it seems), and would prefer being slim fit vs strong fit.
  • IronHawk
    Offline / Send Message

I've always thought it's best to have a physique that fits with your athletic pursuits. Skaters are skinny, football players are bulky ect... What you do defines how you will be built. If you climb everyday your going to have forearms like popeye.
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, it was a trip

Motz: fitness has nothing to do with skinny or bulky. That's up to you and your nutrition. I used to train light, and even cut down to 140lbs for footbag competitions (now that’s skinny). Now, those guys hardly recognize me because I'm training to grow. That said, the site is designed to pass along good, basic info. A pull-up is going to help a skinny parkour guy climb buildings just as much as it's going to help a bodybuilder put on a thick back. Hey as long as you can do 100 burpees in under 20 minutes, you're ok in my book. wink.gif
  • Xenobond
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
  • Mark Dygert
    I would watch WWE if it was like that. Awesome stuff man. You and mojokey are nuts =P
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Dude, your geek-get-fit is exactly what I need.

have any links to where I can get Go-Fit Chin-Up bar? My landlord is paranoid about things getting destroyed, I've always worried bars will leave indentations on the woodwork - or is this a solved problem by now?
  • IronHawk
    Offline / Send Message
    Slim-Gymlg2.jpg

I know your looking for a simple bar but these things are sweet.

Link to online store
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message

Vig: You are not alone. Indy wrestling is completely different from what's on TV. Some of these indy guys put on an incredible showing, and work their ass off to give the fans something they won't regularly see on TV. Also, as fan, you get to be right there, ringside, so you're more a part of the show.

Sectaurs: Dick's Sporting Goods has a whole section of Go-Fit products. I use them cause they are cheap and good enough, but some are kind of cheap (push-up bars, dont need them anyway). The Chin-up bar does require three screws in each side, but the damage is minimal, similar to hanging up a picture. I'm sure you're allowed some of that. Either way, get it! A pull-up bar has been one of my best home gym investments. That and floor space is all you need for a full body workout with bodyweight exercises.

IronHawk: that would be awesome. I considered building a rock climbing wall for my aparment. Simply a bag of misc wall grips and a thick piece of plywood. That hasn't happened, yet.
  • IronHawk
    Offline / Send Message
    Cholden : If you decide to go ahead and build one I have a bunch of resources. Just pm me.

I have a bouldering wall like that in my garage. It's not to hard to build a free standing wall and even a 8 or 10 ft wall with with a 30 degree incline can give you a good work out. The key with those short walls is sit starts. It's only a few moves but if you add in the down climb as well it's great training.

Also if there are any Polycounters in the Twin Cites area that ever want to climb just send me a PM. I work at a climbing wall wednesday nights and have gear for outdoor climbing as well.
  • Ryno
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Nice stuff! Glad some polycounters have a fun, athletic, non-computer hobby. It looks like you guys put on a great show.
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    fixed the link. reckon they had to reupload to fix a typo.
  • jgarland
    Very cool stuff, man. It's great to see an all-out-brawl like that, without the overblown, cheesy, dramatic storylines of the WWE. I could definitely see myself getting into watching that.

It's actually quite inspiring. I've been trying to get myself into shape, and I think it's time that I took my workouts more seriously. A home gym would be ideal, because paying for a membership at our (relatively small) gym is a major pain. I'm going to look into a chin-up bar soon. Thanks to everyone for the info.