Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sam and Twitch [Sam updated 9/16]

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
fogmann polycounter lvl 17
Lately I've been just making quick sculpting doodles and nothing really polished/finished, so I'm thinking it's about time to make something more complete, and I'm starting a progress thread here, hoping to get motivated to keep going steadily with this, and of course to get some c&c on how to make my characters better.

So... I've been wanting to create my versions of Sam and Twitch, actually they inspired me when I worked on my first character ever, but that guy turned out totally different... and he wasn't a detective, but a film director. I really love Ashley Wood's S&T covers, and through his art I discovered the comic itself (not much of the comic book person otherwise), and I also love Angel Medina's work on this comic.

Well, here goes Sam - not following any concept explicitly, just getting some ideas from the comic and covers and figuring my way around it. The feet are now missing, as I just took out the remains of the Arshman basedude mesh and left the imported or chopped off parts as subtools. It's still very rough. And as far as the final specs go, I'm not sure about them yet, but since I don't think I'll be importing him in a game, he might as well have a generous cinematic budget. I think I'll be playing with some toon shading. And I do intend to make Twitch too.

http://fogmann.com/uploadpics/wip/Sam01.jpg
Thanks for stopping by smile.gif

Replies