Home General Discussion

Who is the mysterious "Paul E. Counter" ?

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
CheeseOnToast greentooth
I was playing a bit of the Quake Wars beta on Splash Damage's server last night, when someone joined with the name "Paul E. Counter". Instinctively, I typed "Mop?" in the chat/all channel, at which point the enigmatic stranger left..... Had I foiled his secret identity? Or was it a bluff? Step forward, Sir, and reveal yourself!

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    haha thats awesome...
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    A filler bot.

Yeah, i was wondering who was behind the idea of that name too
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe, you found my subtle nod... it is indeed a bot name smile.gif
    Could have probably snuck a PolyBot in too, ah well.
  • indian_boy
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    That's fucking rad, MoP! You are the man!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahaha well done MoP!
  • coldwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldwolf polycounter lvl 18
    lol that's really cool MoP, h5
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Good job MoP! I was trying to get the same thing going on our last project, but the name generator was split up into first and last name. So getting it to line up was really rare.
    I did however get one name in that was a commonly occurring joke/theme around the office during the development. But is in no way suitable for children (target audience for the title was 8 - 12).
    Will definitely try and get Greentooth in somewhere on the next project.

-caseyjones
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    lol awesome, too bad I havent been able to get into the beta mad.gif
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    [ QUOTE ]
    Good job MoP! I was trying to get the same thing going on our last project, but the name generator was split up into first and last name. So getting it to line up was really rare.
    I did however get one name in that was a commonly occurring joke/theme around the office during the development. But is in no way suitable for children (target audience for the title was 8 - 12).
    Will definitely try and get Greentooth in somewhere on the next project.

-caseyjones

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh come on surely you can tell us the name? only about 20% of polycount falls within the 8-12 target demographic.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I try and do at least 1 pcount egg if possible. They're harmless.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Basically, one of the level builders was saying something random so I called him a 'Jizz Mopper'. In case you aren't familiar with the term, its the person that cleans the jizz off the nudie booth glass after a dude blows his load at a peepshow.
    Well... As the days progressed, the word began to infiltrate the office until one of our Producers started using it. But I was threatened with a potential official written warning for office misconduct so it was truncated to just plain J-Mop. This seemed to be more acceptable.
    An e-mail went around asking for name suggestions for enemies or if we wanted our nicknames to go into the game as enemies. My office nickname is Bambi so legals shot that one down. So the only name I could think of was J-Mop.
    So to make it less obvious I re-arranged the lettering to spell Jaimopp. That passed without question.
    Also the last time I played through (over a month ago) there was a bunch of mushroom props that were arranged strangely to take on the form of a penis.
    Gold build is soon so I will take screens if it still exists :P

-caseyjones
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    my pic in the paper a few weeks back I got a wee greentooth pic in on my second monitor tongue.gif

I also had my web address but since it was red writing and they desaturated it, you couldnt read it frown.gif
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    somebody's gonna think all these greentooths appearing everywhere point to a demon cult somwhere. we are the new freemasons.