Home Contests & Challenges Archives

LPC #01 - FZero - ImSlightlyBored

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
conceptyl0.jpg
Few sketches came before that and more will need to come yet. My visualisation skills arent up to much yet, sorry.

Was looking at my ladies dress and the pattern sparked something off, and now the theme is of a giant chili.

Undecided whether to do the obvious cliche of flames down the side or not... thinking not.

Replies

• ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    started with low poly & diffuse. For normals I'm just going to flesh out the things I've drawn, in zBrush. Hopefully thisll work. Should do.

Diffuse map only, therefore renders are currently just full-bright

fzeroes0.png

at render it was 1132 tris (bloody max 9 "poly counter") but I managed to get it down to 964 since, omitting a few minor details, I didnt feel it necessary to re-render everything.

I plan to do normals tonight, spec tomorrow and tidy up my diffuse map a tiny bit and add a few more details here and there that it lacks (bolts, decals)

neatmk0.png

I did some utterly stupid things with the mapping. Thought id experiment. Some worked (32x64 segments for more variations) but most didnt. Live & learn.

edit: goes without saying if anyone can give me any advice to make it better please do, and any advice going for spec maps regarding metal is even better.
  • systmh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cool! i like what you did with the texture. i think it's nice that you use odd-shaped panels with beat up edges instead of smooth, brand-new plating that covers it completely evenly. lots of interesting little details to be found. are you gonna throw on a spec map? i know it has no normals but it would still make the damaged metal look neat

what about a wireframe for the model? smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    i don't know what you were thinking with the concept, but it appears to have worked for you. looks creepy. very unique.