Home Technical Talk

Zbrush 3 questions

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
shadows polycounter lvl 18
Maybe this has already been answered but i cannot seem to find an answer anywhere, perhaps I am not using the right words/terms.

1. Is there a way to reset the materials that are assigned to the model? Right now I am using Mrgb and FillObject, so that everything is the same material/shading regardless of what is selected. But when I want to assign a different material I have to go through all the subtools one by one and reassign that material to all of them. Which is kind of a pain in the ass.

2.Anyone figured out a work around or why as to when I try to export the lowest subd to do some changes to the mesh in 3dsm. (nothing affecting the vertices order) Importing it back into zbrush the mesh becomes all messed up when reapplying the subds?

Im using Zbrush 3.1

Replies

• Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    For number 2, I find is best to keep the normals inverted (which zbrush does on default when exporting) when you import into you your program (I use xsi in this case)and export back out to ZB. Kinda sucks that ZB3 is so nitpicky on re-importing a sub-d comapred to ZB2.5
  • shadows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadows polycounter lvl 18
    Thats the thing I don't invert any of the normals,it doesnt seem to invert the normals when I export with the lowest subd.

I export the mesh, import in max, do the changes, reimport into zbrush, that works fine, it changes the mesh at the lowest subd like it should. But if I try to apply the subds eveything goes to hell. confused.gif

Which is starting to be annoying never did that with Z2.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe check with the guys over at Zbrushcentral?