social network. After sequestering him in Sao Paulo, they held a gun
against the victim's head for five hours to get his password, which they
wanted to sell for $8,000. And yes, it gets even better.'

http://tinyurl.com/yoxzzt

Replies

• Needles
    Offline / Send Message
    Needles polycounter lvl 19
    OK so who's the badass here? the kidnappers or the non talking kidnapped torturee?

Cause i don't root for (real life) criminals!
  • Daz
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    hhhmm, having a gun held to your head in a city with one of the highest crime rates in the western hemisphere? Gambling his life for a game password was an 'interesting' choice on his part. It's pretty amazing he's alive.
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe they realized $8000 wasn't enough to murder someone? Especially split between the four of them.
  • Daz
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I dunno, in a city where ATM's purposefully shut at 10pm and the locals have bullet proof cars, I'm pretty sure people have been killed for an awful lot less than $8k.
  • greenj2
    Might have been his best option, since without the password the kidnappers don't get any payoff at all. I'd be interested to know what kind of "torture" methods were used just to know how determined our hero was to save his game account. I think if the kidnappers were persuasive enough he would've talked, losing a part of your body that won't grow back vs losing a game account isn't a difficult choice.

But for whatever reason, strategy or stupidity it worked so good on him. Must have been those supreme strategic skills he picked up from playing so much GunBound. tongue.gif
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    OK so who's the badass here? the kidnappers or the non talking kidnapped torturee?

Cause i don't root for (real life) criminals!

[/ QUOTE ]

a guy who had the balls to risk his life for a video game password. Not the brightest, but quite a ballsy move.
  • sonic
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Actually it was probably the smartest move. If they were really interested in killing him, they would have either killed him already (which doesn't make sense, esp over $8k), or when he gave them the info they would have killed him. If he keeps quiet, they have no payoff, so they will keep trying to threaten him until they give up and let him go. So keeping quiet was probably the smartest thing he could have done.
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    i dunno sonic. They could have shot his balls off or somethin...
  • spacemonkey
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    they should have broken his fingers one by one, what good is having a game password if you cant use it ;D
  • greenj2
    "If you wanna know something he won't tell you, cut off one of
    his fingers. The little one. Then tell 'im his thumb's next. After that he'll
    tell ya if he wears ladies underwear....I'm hungry, let's get a taco." wink.gif

keitel.jpg
  • Mister Sentient
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    Damn. Now he can sell the rights to Jerry Bruckheimer for his next blockbuster movie.
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    that doesnt sound very badass, possibly giving your life up for a video game password!? really doesnt sound clever to me at all.

Im from south africa and on my friends street a guy drew R50(£5 or about $10) from an ATM and was killed for it. Life is cheap to killers.