Home General Discussion

Harry potter fans

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
oobersli polycounter lvl 17
I usually don't pay attention to anything harry potter, but this is screaming for attention. I've never seen the game they play in the movies/book, but when I saw they're required to hold the broom between their legs and run..... This is going to join the ranks of everquest / d&d mock battles on youtube. smile.gif

Harry Potter taken too far

Replies

• Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    How much would they pay me for a Harry Potter car? i got the same one, same color and so getting dirty on the garage...
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    It's HP LARPing, had to happen sooner or later. They're doing the same thing at a sports complex over here on the night of the book release, but I think it's for the kids.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    But he admits he has to make concessions to reality. "A lot of that you can't really replicate exactly because we are not witches and wizards."

[/ QUOTE ]
    WELL NO SHIT YOU'RE NOT WITCHES AND WIZARDS! I'm glad I'm boycotting all that is Harry Potter. When there are far better authors out there that don't get anywhere near this much attention.
    I can't wait for the series to end, so everyone can get over it and move on with their lives.

-caseyjones
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

WELL NO SHIT YOU'RE NOT WITCHES AND WIZARDS! I'm glad I'm boycotting all that is Harry Potter. When there are far better authors out there that don't get nowhere near this much attention.
    I can't wait for the series to end, so everyone can get over it and move on with their lives.

-caseyjones

[/ QUOTE ]

So I take it you're a fan? I mean how can you not be... Harry Potter rocks. Btw, I'd be geeky enough to try this out... I wouldn't join a team and treat it like a real sport though. It's just good fun.

I'll just have to keep my wand on me in case any dementors show up.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'll just have to keep my wand on me in case any dementors show up.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I rest my case :P
    Each to their own I guess.

-caseyjones
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Casey, I figure you'd best boycott this thread as well - if you get any more uptight, you might blow your asshole out. None of us want that, I assure you, so try to unwind and not worry so much about what other people enjoy.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    I think you just need replace wand with ".45" and dementors with "hecklers".
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAHAHA, I was waiting for the first Polycountesque comment about my Anti-Potterism. I'm glad it was from you <3
    This is a general discussion right? Are we not generally discussing? Then all is well in the universe. Just because I don't share your views it doesn't mean I can't contribute to the discussion.
    I'm not the type to say the books/films are shit and that everyone who reads/watches them are complete and utter morons. I haven't read/seen them, so I can't comment on them.
    But feel free to verbally bash the only Anti-Potter person in history... After all, this is Polycount. Anything goes!

-caseyjones
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think you just need replace wand with ".45" and dementors with "hecklers".

[/ QUOTE ]

But a wand does so much more then a measly gun. Maybe I'll just duel wield a pair of wands. OR better yet I'll use a staff... it seems like a staff would be the shotgun of wands. Mwahahahaha.

Casey - Just because I'm a Harry Potter fan doesn't mean that I'm not a fan of other books tongue.gif

Expecto Patronum!
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gah... same posting time. I don't care if you don't like HP. I hated it at first. I refused to see the first 2 Harry Potter movies just because of the popularity. Then someone told me to read the books... and I liked them. Not everybody has to like 'em. Feel free to spew your anti-potterness about... you're correct about this being general discussion, and these discussions are a lot more fun and entertaining when there are opposing views.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Casey - Just because I'm a Harry Potter fan doesn't mean that I'm not a fan of other books tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I don't doubt that for a second dude. I don't claim nor have I claimed that any Potter fan only reads Potter books.

Seriously... This is getting off topic. The thread is about college students running around with crotch brooms throwing volleyballs into hoolahoops.
    Continue discussion.

-caseyjones

EDIT: Saves me from double posting.
    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't care if you don't like HP.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I don't dislike Harry Potter, nor do I like Harry Potter. I've never read the books or seen the films. So I can't really have an opinion about the books or films. Which once again, isn't the topic of this thread.
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You'll succumb and become one of us. HAHA. Seriously Casey, we love you the way you are... we love you deeply with our mud-blood penises... WAIT!! I didn't mean..CRAP!!!

ON TOPIC - Broom flying is fun. Nothing like the feel of hard wood between your thighs... errrrrrr DAMNIT!!!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    No respect unless played on tallbikes whilst having medicine balls thrown at you
    tallbike.JPG

Oh yeahz, Petrificus Totalus followed by a face stomp, that's some hard core schlitz right there
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Some of the films are quite watchable, Casey. I'm with you on the books though. The prose irks me.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    HP LARPing = retarded.

The books are wonderful, simply because it's one of the few popular books in a long long time to get kids, and even adults, into reading again. Anything, popular or not, that gets more people to read is a good thing, imo.