Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Silver

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
almighty_gir ngon master
Ok, so i installed oblivion again earlier, and i got very quickly annoyed for the same reason as i did last time i played it... where are the dragons? i've yet to find an RPG on the same level as oblvion, or gothic, that have either got any dragons at all, or any that either look good/look impressive.
do developers feel nowadays that dragons are so not fantasy or something?

anyway, i took out my D&D dragon book, pretty much traced the outline for about 3 different dragons (they were all very similar) and tried to make them into a decent side ortho. i do need help though, anyone with a good muscular knowledge, could you help me out with the hind legs? anyone else want to suggest any changes before i get onto modeling this?

hopefully in the near future i'll be able to put her into oblivion (i'd love to put her into gothic3, but i dunno anything about modding that game).
silverex6.th.jpg

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    His proportions are a little odd - his front half is considerably bulkier than the back. Making his head a bit smaller, neck a bit thinner and his rear hips a bit stronger looking would make him feel a bit more believable I think.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    I've always thought that dragons (and a lot of fantasy flying beasts in general) don't have enough of a projecting sternum bone, to attach the massive pectoral muscles needed to get those wings flapping properly.

I think it's called a 'keel' like on a boat.

Of course all these creatures are make-believe, so, meh. Just a thought.
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    I've never understood the 'need' for dragons in Oblivion. It has one-- It's actually kind of neat, though the animation in that scene could be better. Regardless, it's not like every fantasy setting has Dragons; or trolls, or orcs, or even elves and dwarves. If you ask me, not enough have traditional/older style faeries.

But anyway, good luck on the model: I'll be interested to hear how the export process goes. I've never actually gotten to the point of trying to put models into Oblivion.