Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Material Sample(first ever)

The_Synj
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
The_Synj polycounter lvl 18
Ok, i don't do 3d, nor do i pretend to. Everytime i try to do 3D, i get lost in all the non-user friendly tutorials. But i decided today that i might try to learn to make materials for 3d objects..this is a sample image of me messing around:
caseay4.jpg
The image turned out to be a logo, not really a material for any 3d object..but i want to know how well i did on making the cement wall in the background. I am not asking for crits on the entire logo(modified q3 logo and blood/fence are not apart of the material), but i will welcome them anyways. Keep in mind, this is my first EVER attempt at a material.

Replies

• roolie
    doesnt look like concrete to me, looks more like metal. if you are making stuff like this to be used generically on any 3d object you should make it tileable. my opinion btw.
  • verybad
    Offline / Send Message
    verybad polycounter lvl 17
    First thing I noticed (other than what Roolie said, which I agree with) is that the logo is there on an area where the main material has been worn away from the reinforcement wires, the Logo would have been ripped from that as well. It's in far better shape than the remaining red paint, which makes it look out of place.