Home General Discussion

Harry Potter Date-Rape

Replies

• Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    hahahaha Nice! why again do people care so much about this? After all she is going to kill them all in the end.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    I think that is a Sarcastic site like "The Onion" right ?

Btw This is the funniest video I seen in a long time ...anybody who has played old school mario games will love this

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6204903272262158881
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    stupid stuff like this is why i'm not going to be online in the week or so before the last book's release. some of us have spent years following the story and don't want some idiots with a "LOOOLL!!1!11 its just a book get over it!" attitude towards spoilers.

i remember someone in #model_design pasted the actual text to the major spoiler at the end of the previous book without any warning the day after it's release. not to mention the idiots driving by kids standing in line and shouting it out.

apparently it's bad to spoil movies or tv shows that people have been following for a few weeks/months but a book series people have followed for 15 years? fair game. :P
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Check out the logo in the bottom right of the screen: "Onion News Network." It's satire, guys.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    It took me a moment to realize some of you were actually taking this serious. Wow.

And on the subject of spoilers, my friend once bought a ticket to the Passion of the Christ, just so he could yell "HE DIES IN THE END" during the opening credits. Spoilers ftw.
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    Though funny, thats hardly a spoiler.

I what I think is hilarious is the people doing the spoiling or shouting of endings acting all surprised when people get pissed, like its childish of them to be upset that their book or story got ruined. I would say there's very little MORE selfishly childish then intentionally ruining something someone enjoys for your own half second of pleasure. It's like something an attention starved kid does. Mommy doesn't love you? It's ok, your 3 knuckle-head douche buddies that chuckled approve of you for the moment, thats a suitable replacement right?

If someone ordered a 30 dollar dinner that they've been excited about for weeks and right before they were about to take a bite you intentionally knocked the whole thing in their lap it wouldn't seem unreasonable for that person to get pissed would it?
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    [ QUOTE ]
    Though funny, thats hardly a spoiler.

[/ QUOTE ]
    lol I think that's the point. (On The Passion)
    I agree the rest is a wee bit childish though...

Harry get's expelled from Hogwarts in the second chapter of the book when he and his friends hold a banner at the Quiddich World Championship reading "Bong Hits 4 Voldemort".
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    If someone ordered a 30 dollar dinner that they've been excited about for weeks and right before they were about to take a bite you intentionally knocked the whole thing in their lap it wouldn't seem unreasonable for that person to get pissed would it?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Bad example, because the person wouldn't get to eat the food, unless they ate it off their lap (But I'm sure the restaurant would replace it anyway).
    Whereas, even though the ending was spoiled, you'll still get to see the film from start to finish without someone spilling it into your lap (or in a film equivalent, switching off the projectors just after the previews before the film).
    Hahaha, sorry to be a jerk.

I've had no interest in Harry Potter, I've never read a single book nor seen any of the films, so I really don't care much about it. Though I do agree what has been said about spoilers though. Just not cool.

-caseyjones
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, but the reason I'd be pissed doesn't really have anything to do with the loss of the food, or the enjoyment of a story. Like you said, I can still see the movie, I can buy another dinner..its someone, maliciously, acting like a fucking tool to a complete stranger that I think is the childish bit.