Home Technical Talk

Biped mirror paste won't work correctly

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
In the biped rollout, I am copying an entire pose, then pasting it back mirrored at a different time location. It pastes perfectly, except the whole thing is slightly rotated at what looks like the Bip01 origin.

Is there some tick box I need to make sure is checked so that it copies the bip01 rotation and position? It seems to ignore it.

poop.gif

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    if it's definitely the bip01 that's the problem, why don't you just copy the position/rotation/scale key from the pose you pasted from onto the frame you want?
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, the problem was that I didn't have the horizontal/vertical/and rotation boxes checked under the paste options. N00b mistake, like I was thinking it'd be, haha.

Now my problem, if I select rotation for paste, it rotates the whole model so it's facing the opposite direction. I want it to just paste the mirrored image of the rotation.

The example is for a run cycle. I have her mid-air pose done for one stride, and I want to paste the mirrored version for the other stride. Right now I can get the up/down/left/right to paste just right, but if I paste rotational, it makes her face backwards. How do I actually mirror the bip01 rotation so it's just the mirror image instead of the 180 image?

poop.gif
  • Rob Galanakis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFAIK the pose and postures don't work on Bip01, you will have to do it by hand (or using other 3dsmax tools).

Work down an axis (probably her facing +Y), which I think is a 90degree rotation on Bip01. Then, just work off this as your main axis... if the rotation is 103*, the inverse would be 77*.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    [ QUOTE ]
    ...How do I actually mirror the bip01 rotation so it's just the mirror image instead of the 180 image?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just paste opposite, then rotate the Bip01 180 on the world Z axis. There is no way to do this automatically.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I figured it out actually. I was using the bip01 to do slight posture adjustments, when I should have been only using it to rotate the entire character. I'm now using the pelvis and spine joints to do the posture and I'm able to mirror perfectly by just leaving the rotation button unchecked when pasting. Thanks for the help though everyone.

poop.gif