Home Technical Talk

PSCS3 + Bridge craziness

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
moose polycount sponsor
Hey, not sure how many of you are using CS3, and how many actively use Adobe Bridge with it... but if so, are you noticing PS's Palletes freaking the living F#(*&$# out after browsing/opening files from Bridge?

I love the new Bridge, but ffs it makes photoshop's gfx thrust into convulsions that make me cry frown.gif

Granted, it fixes itself when you close bridge... but i just float back and forth between the two a lot when digging up reference and texture shots.

/barf

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bridge is too damn slow, or at least it was in CS. Has the load speed changed?
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, how is the speed of the new Bridge? I use it here at work with 3 gigs of ram, but wouldn't even try to use it at home because it is so slow.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    load speed of icons in bridge seems a lot better, ive been really surprised with its performance. I use Bridge with CS2 regularly, and going back from CS3 makes CS2's bridge seem like im using an older machine.

Its load/opening time (of the actual application) seems unchanged, but the caching of thumbnails seems better. The interface got the whole CS3 overhaul, clicking on some carrots in the side UI panels seems a little wonky still. I think the new GFXUI stuff has caused some problems with its speed, on a minor level... but will be able too comment more in a few days.

Navigating through file trees does seem better.

But beware... Dragging/dropping to open, or double click-opening files has been making PS flip the living fuck out. Not sure if it is a video card/driver thing or what. I confuzzled confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool, thanks for the rundown. Got CS3 sitting here, just waiting to install.