Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

body wip - help requested

mod
hey, this is just practice I'm doing to try to get better at loops in the body and such.. just did it in the past hour, no reference or anything so don't hit me too hard about the anatomy.

I would just love some critique on the poly flow and tips to improve especially in a few key areas I always seem to have trouble with.. you'll notice them. feel free to say whatever though because I'm sure all of it will help.

Thanks.

front:
wip1.jpg
back:
wip4.jpg
and closeups on the sore areas:
wip2.jpg
wip5.jpg
wip3.jpg

Replies

• Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Why no reference? (always use reference! :P) and what's your target count for this?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    to be honest there was no real target count, wanted to keep it somewhat low poly, and yeah I know I know always use reference blah blah, I just wanted to see how well I could model a figure from my head, because I'm not that good at concepting so I never get orthos up. thing is, even if I use reference I'll be at a loss on how to make it flow correctly frown.gif
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    You can use photo reference for placement of muscles, proportion, etc... You don't have to concept your own custom model sheets, especially if you're jsut building a base mesh and not a specific character in particular. In terms of how to make it flow correctly, thats another thing to get reference for smile.gif

You can draw overtop of a model sheet, where you think your edgeloops SHOULD be. Take a look at anyones base model for mesh reference. Arsh's has been getting passed all over the place if you want some really solid reference. Good Luck