Home General Discussion

War.. war never changes, or does it?

eld
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
eld polycounter lvl 18
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

It's inevitable that they're going to do an oblivion again, so I've already given up, fallout simply doesn't work with the masses, and bethesda are great at turning something nich

Replies

• rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    as a hardcore fallout fan i have to agree, it won't be the same game, but if you aren't going to try and compare it might still be fine, I enjoyed the hell out of shivering isles, at least for a LITTLE while, alot of my ex coworker friends are working there now as designers and i know they're going to try and make it at least somewhat fun, I think it will be the same deal as oblivion, where the main questline was boring as hell, but all the extra stuff like the dark brotherhood stuff was hella fun, i can see alot of that going on with fallout 3, and you know that might just make it worth playing smile.gif
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    if they don't do something crazy like oblivions leveling monsters, I will probably enjoy it as a mass-appealing fallout.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I doubt any Fallout sequel would ever live up to the first two, the nostalgia factor from those old greats is far too high. However, I am sure Bethesda will do the series justice, and hopefully not use something silly like facegen.
  • Panupat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Panupat polycounter lvl 15
    30 days? That soon? The last time I saw the screenshot it was still very rough. It's coming out much sooner than I expected.
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    fingers crossed...
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    You guys are getting all of this "it won't be fallout" from a sample track and 1 image? Or is there news somewhere I haven't read?
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    30 days? That soon? The last time I saw the screenshot it was still very rough. It's coming out much sooner than I expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screenshot? What screenshot? They haven't released any. And you do realise that its 30 days before the *teaser*, not release, right?!
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Art direction from concepts, bethsoft and the whole oblivion thing, Music by (although awesome) jeremy soule doesn't hit as well as mark morgans music did for the original games. more epic, less fallout.

Bethsoft as any smart company aren't going to make something that doesn't go well with the masses, so they simplify, they already did it with Oblivion, and it worked WELL!, it's sold tons!

I might going way ahead, but it's not too far from the inevitable truth behind making a game appeal to everyone.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Very cool, I'll be interested to see what they've done with it, I really enjoyed Morrowind and Oblivion and I like the whole Fallout aesthetic, so it should be nice! smile.gif
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    It may not have nostalgia.
    But mother fucking hell it'll be cool.
  • andym12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Should be great. Oblivion was kinda fun, but Morrowind had a certain charm about it.. In my day we walked for three days to get to the next city, none of this fast travel business. :P
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    just as bethsoft has no reason NOT to use gamebryo, do they have any reason at all to drop facegen? :P
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Given you're all hardcore Fallout fanatics, I trust you know that the Alpha version of Van Buren has been released for download.
    http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=892
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I have confidence they wont let me down. I really enjoyed Oblivion, and if I could have Fallout + Oblivion=F3 then I'll be overjoyed.
    Facegen is kinda crap, but perhaps they'll make some adjustments to fix that. And get a better skin shader, Yowza.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    yeah it should be a pretty damn good game, i think, it just won't be that Fallout 3, as if it were made by the original team. i had a lovely chat with an ex-black isle programmer and they say that was the reason they pushed hard to get the fallout 1/2 map/script editing tools released to the public, in all their horrendously buggy splendor: because a fan-made fallout 3 would be the only possible way that the Fallout 3 they where expecting could be made now. Bethesda will probably put together a pretty kick-awesome game though, i'd certainly give them that. it's fortunate they're the ones who picked up the franchise.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I think it'd be sick having a game like oblivion but with guns and crap lol ...

• Sidwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sidwell polycounter lvl 18
    If it's not iso and turn-based I will take four shits and die.