Home General Discussion

Megadeth - United Abominations

mod
Good news, it's awesome.

I've been a fan of megadeth although I honestly never heard much of their newer stuff (I hear it sucks), but I heard the new album and it's really sick. Nothing to be worried about if you were curious smile.gif

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i heard a couple of their tracks from their myspace page. sleepwalker cought my attention.

i have a lot of their older angrier cd's and they rock, and to be fair, they are amazing live. one of the best acts. but the albums have been getting weaker and weaker with time. hope this one puts them back on the map as it'll likely be their last.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    their last album wasn't bad actually (The System has Failed). They seemed to have turned around a i guess. will have to check this one out.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool, I enjoy Megadeth - haven't listened in a while though, I'll keep an eye out for this one smile.gif
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought The System Has Failed was quite alright. Nothing earth-shattering refreshing, but as far as megadeth albums go, certainly not their worst.
    I'll check out the new one later. Haven't listened to Megadeth in a while, and i'm actually quite looking forward to it.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I'm a huge fan. I got to meet Dave back in Oct. at Gigantour, and pre-ordered the album. The new songs sound great, and I've been rocking out to them every morning at work. Sleepwalker is my favorite so far. Can't wait to play along to it.

The World Needs a Hero was a nice change of pace, but grew old quickly. The System Has Failed was a better album. Lots of great songs on it, some even better live. I still enjoy it.

United Abominations appears to continue in the right direction. Even includes a duet with Cristina Scabbia...*purrs* Video on the official site.

MegaDave is the man! \m/ Mustaine for President 2008!!!
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Mustaine was an awesome guitarist. I gotta give it a listen. I'll get back to ya. smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    It's out today!

FYE hadn't placed it on the shelf when I went on my lunch to pick it up. It was in a box in the back with a sign that said "DO NOT TOUCH". I told the cashier to get back there and touch it.

The album rocks. It's very political and hints at old school megadeth. Mustaine IS an awesome guitarist. I'll be spinning this for a while.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hahahah, very political?
    [edit: to clarify, I mean Dave Mustaine trying to be political is like using a bazooka to kill a mouse]

Man, I really wanted to like this album.

Well, I say that... I kinda do like it. It's definitely better than System Has Failed.

I know I'd like it a lot more if I didn't speak english. I know Dave's not the best when it comes to lyrics, but damn, this stuff really is dire. I could crap out lyrics like these in half an hour, they just feel cheap, forced and lame.

That said, the songs themselves are very rockin', the guitar solos are awesome, and it's overall quite catchy and enjoyable. If I turn off my brain and just listen to the rhythms and tunes, it's great... but as soon as I pay even the slightest bit of attention to the lyrics, I just want to bash my head against a wall, they're really that bad.

Ah well. I think I'll just go back to listening to Rust In Peace smile.gif
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yeah i gotta agree.. lyric wise... :|

but music wise... laugh.gif