Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first pimpage ever

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
This is my first pimpage ever over the internet

Took me about 3-4 days to model (started sometime last week), a whooping 6 hours to unwarp/texture (yes i didn't take 2 months this time). The mesh is a medium size (i can't tell Max 9 stats tells me lies).

Max 9 - photoshop

Give me hell

snap.jpg

snap-2.jpg

Replies

• Cybroxide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybroxide polycounter lvl 17
    looks pretty good so far, need wires for a proper critique though.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    wires would be good, looks nice from what i can tell though.
    the ears are way too low.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    You did say 'gimme hell', so it reminds me just how much I hate photo-slapped 3D models :-) If you must use such obvious photographic source, at least paint out the specular h-lights, shadows either side of the nose, eyelashes and other funkiness that comes from doing that. The model looks sound as far as I can tell.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    if that specular actually changes as you render with different light setups and angles, then mad props.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    what do we need to critique?
    maybe you could show some wires, huh?
    i see only photo on polygons.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Holy shit that's just fucking scary
    Make her eyes bleeding and turn her into a zombie
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahaha, man many thanks people, some of the replies made me laugh so hard, i had to hold my inside intestine from ripping so much it hurts, damn i love this board, so natural and direct sniff sniff laugh.gif

The ears are ok beleive me its the perspective view that makes it look this way.

I love photosourcing, i sometimes paint my own stuff but sourcing from real picture saves times, the hardest part are the ears and mouth. I dont't like specular maps, never use any, your right about the shadows however.

Here are a few more renders and some flattenski

SnapFlatenskiWire-512.jpg

SnapWires.jpg

• EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    eyyyyyyya!K! Gotta tweak that meshflow.. The neck, the forehead, under the nose, bottom lip.. You have a lot of weirdly placed edges, w/ seemingly triangles, but actually having 4 sides (forehead, under the bottom lip), now there's nothing wrong with using tri's and quads, especially if this is a game model (remember that quads will be triangulated on export anyway), what will happen is those odd triangles w/ an intersecting edge will end up triangulating (because it's actually 2 triangles) and you'll have nasty sliver triangles which light poorly.

You want to get a smooth meshflow going. First of all it will look cleaner, but it will really come into play when the mesh is deformed and with lighting.
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    i agree w/daz...while it might look really impressive to your eyes when you drop some photomanip on your model...it does end up looking too "right"? i don't know another way to put it. drop some subtle colors here and there. try to give it a bit of your own mark. make it more of "your own art".
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edgeflow no way man, its done on purpose.

It fits my needs for now, i have a special duty for those little gnart, they obey me as i wish for now. You simply haven't seen the bottom part.

Mhuahahaha !
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes your right about the the color and all, im going to give her some sort of third eye in the forehead, gold teeth and a ghetto attitude, fifty cent comes to my mind when i think about it.

yes yes yA ! smile.gif
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    So wait, are you looking for crits, or ass-pattings?
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im doing it for fun, and i enjoy this place quite lot, thanks for all the replies, this will help me break the ice in a ass-pattings sort of way.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    The flash on the camera has created a whole lotta 'shiney' pores. It'd do you well to maybe use it as a base, and do a NOLF2 style paintover.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    very nice jaw, my favorite shape. Kinda Kate ~ Sandra mix.

not enough loops around the mouth and too many around the eyes. Neck area loses detail quite rapidly, I would suggest setting a polygon count and working to it.

some noticeable mirroring on the texture that needs clone stamping out in photoshop.

Three things you can do to make the model even more convincing are:

1. model eyelashes
    2. move one of the eye sockets ever-so slightly. No one has truly level eyes.
    3. clone stamp out the mirroring on the eyebrows, hairline and chin.

Finally, your texture map is giving you large swathes of area for the neck, but condensing the more important area, the face. To get your pixel density back you should wrap the texture so that you get the most of it for the face, the neck can be comparatively condensed as it is far less important detail wise.
  • dom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom polycounter lvl 18
    she nice. me like. she gonna have boobies?
    something off about the 3/4 view, i think it could be the lack of volume from the cheek to the jawline.