Home General Discussion

Donation/Purchase Suggestions

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Nilium polycounter lvl 18
Alrighty, folks. I have $187 (assume it'll be $180 just in case of taxes or other rates that get applied) in my Paypal account. This money was produced by two things:
<ul type="square">[*]Donations for my work on open-source projects
[*]Sales produced by my book (about $30)[/list]Now, because I've had this set aside for a year or two, I want to do something with it. My preference would be to donate it to something I think is a good cause, because most of the money was donated to me for the same reason. However, I'm not above buying something I think would be useful to me.

Problem is that I don't know what I would find useful right now as I can't think of anything. There's also no charities I know of off the top of my head that I would be comfortable donating money to. So, I'm curious as to what charities you think I should donate to (keep in mind that while they might have a good cause, if I disagree with the way they work then I'm probably not going to donate to them) or, in the event you don't know of any, useful thingies there are to buy. Once again, though, product suggestions should be a last resort. I really would prefer this go to something more useful than my random interests.

So, what would you donate to or, in the event you absolutely can't think of someone to donate to, what would you buy with the money? I'm also not above buying things that charities explicitly need, but details there would be absolutely necessary, as I don't want that sort of thing to go awry...

Of course, whatever the result, the people receiving the money will have to accept PayPal. thx2u!

Edit: By the way, I will not donate to any political campaigns.

Replies