Home General Discussion

Conan Beta Sign-up

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
Announced only moments ago. So you guys are getting it first.

http://beta1.ageofconan.com/beta_application/

[ QUOTE ]
Saddle your war-mammoth and grab your sword, brave adventurer. Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures is finally about to charge into external beta.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other news, today I've been with Funcom for one year. cool.gif

Replies

• Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Cool and congrats. This is one of the games i'm looking forward to. blush.gif

Anyway, I've signed up. smile.gif
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Looks pretty sweet. Ive been in the LOTRO closed beta for a good while and I got sick of it very quick.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Hahaha, Sonic. I just picked up the LOTRO open beta key today. I still haven't even installed the game files. Is it really THAT bad? If so, I won't even bother.

Gonna sign up for this one even though I never seem to get into these things.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Well its really not that bad, but there are too many problems with it for it to already be in open beta. The engine is so messed up that prob 90% of the closed beta users had to change this slider in the menu that said "Engine Performance" to the lowest possible setting. There were probably well over a hundred threads with hundreds of posts in them over the engine performance and it wasn't addressed by a moderator once. It is pretty nice looking though. I think it was just too similar to WoW for me to get a new kick out of the genre. I would definitely say install it though to see if it's your cup of tea if you have a key. The classes are semi-unique, for example, there are only 4 wizards in all of middle earth, so the closest you can get to a mage type class is a lore master which is kind of a weird pet guy / caster with flashy attacks.

Here is an example of the lore masters attacks:

Blinding Flash: A blinding flash accompanied by a loud crack and the smell of gunpowder causes the target to stop all action. Any damage caused to the target will break its stupor.

Gust of Wind: Air swirls around the target, kicking up debris and other objects that can cause damage to enemies.

kind of lame frown.gif
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    2 People have to pair up and make Tenacious D with the bard class.
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    I just finished reading The Further Chronicles of Conan by Robert Jordan and thought it was pretty good. So in a barbarian kind of mood lately. Have heard about this game for awhile and looks like it has a lot going for it. Sign me up.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome. I'll be signing up when I get off work.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    I remember suggesting to someone to apply at Funcom a year ago wink.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I really wouldn't bother with LOTR kub. It looks like crap, especially for the system specs, character work is uber cheezy featuring obligatory shit character animation like every other mmo and fundamentally lacks *any* kind of feeling of being in the Tolkien universe at all whatsoever. Early questing gameplay feels *exactly* the same as WoW to me. In case you can't tell, I didn't like it smile.gif It's not 'bad' as such. Just the usual mediocrity. Maybe you'll find something to enjoy I dunno.

Conan does look promising though, thanks for heads up.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    As much as age of conan has going for it I can't help to feel more drawn to warhammer online at the moment. Granted I haven't really checked out much and the things I've seen looks cool. (Shapeshifting deamon-mages... oh yeh!)

I just hope the pvp in conan is top notch. If not... well.. I can see War take the throne as the pvp king. I loved the DAOC pvp.

I like the more mature and gritty feel AOC has though. Chopping peoples heads off is always fun!
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    I'm eager to try out the combat in AOC. Tired of the same old target, auto-attack, throw special abilities every few rounds systems most MMO's use. I'm hoping it's very different from that. DDO is a bit different than that but you don't do much beyond spam clicking the mouse if you're a melee character. And at least DAOC's weapon styles require you to be more active in melee than most mmo's. But I'm eager to try out AOC's combo system.