Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolioness

Warheart
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Warheart polycounter lvl 17
Yet another portfolio site in need of a good hard critiquing.

Kaleeque!

I know a lot of the work is below par and because of the time I had to make it, some of the work is just plain unfinished.

I'd still like crits though and some pointers about what areas I most need to improve. (I'm thinking a couple of decent textures would be a start laugh.gif )

I'm only in my 3rd year now so still some time to improve.

Any crits are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• seankaremaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man, i like your work but i would strongly suggest doing A character that would show off that you know anatomy. Not necesarilly totally realistic but more towards the realistic side would help.

I think the bearded character could be pulled off at a lower polycount (and im pretty sure it would have to be to working in a cell phone game)
    I have been looking at some of the work on the low poly models section of this site and you would be amazed at what can be achieved at 500 tris.

with your little bear guy I would suggest adding more detail to the texture or downsizing it to 256. it has nice colors though.

your elf character could have a more interesting curve in his spine. right now his whole body looks like tubes. I know for a cartoon style like this you want to simplify the body a bit. Its a cool concept. personally i like cartoon stuff like the Incedibles where the characters look simple, they have nice lines but they also have all of the anatomy there.

I hope this helps, I think you have A good artistic eye and im looking forward to seeing your work finished.
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The overall layout of your site looks fine to me, but I think the actual content could use some work. Your models all look great, but some variety could be added. All of your work is very stylized (which is not inherently a bad thing), but I think you'd stand a better chance of landing a job if you had some more realistic art with a focus on the anatomy.
  • Jake C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jake C polycounter lvl 17
    I like the type of characters you have, and your lighting looked really nice espcially on your high poly character. Sounds like good advice to pick a good anatomical character for your next piece being that it is essential to show

I agree with sean that you can likely lower your cell phone targeted character since I wouldnt expect something with a 16x16 to be 1250 tris - nice that you included a walk cycle though