Home General Discussion

ghost rider movie of the year!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
I just got back from seeing ghost rider. If you are you going see just one movie this year ghost rider should be it! Because if you only watch one movie a year you deserve to have to sit through that shit.

First off i went into this movie knowing it was bad, very bad.

WORST WRITING EVER! It makes sense because its written by the fucking director! It was hard to tell where the line was were it the the bad writing that made the scene bad or if it was the bad directing.
The CG wasn't bad, they just forgot a few of his vertebra under his skull. Well thats about the best excuse i can think of for him having no neck when hes the rider.
The thing i really didn't get nor expect was why they gave ghost rider a different voice. They didn't do that to the caretakers voice when he was all hot and bothered.

Things i did love was that it gave a face to the war between emo/goth kids and hicks/rednecks. Come on all of the riders friend sounded like huge fucking red necks, and blackheart's crew were all emo/goth looking guys. Other than the rasta man, what the fuck was that all about? Speaking of which who the fuck were they supposed to be, because they were not any of the marvel characters.

All and all it was a very bad movie, but by the end it was so bad that it became funny because it was so bad. I mean come on nick cage acted like it was his first big role/ first role and pretty much the same can be said for everyone in the movie.

I'm 99% sure this is the last ghost rider movie, but hey if they got a good director for a new one and got Garth Ennis to write it id go see it.

Replies

• oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I'll never understand why people will waste $10 and promote movie companies to make more of this. Especially when they heard it was bad already.

TGZ, do you like self inflicted torture? Are you into BDSM?
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Badly Directed Stupid Movies?
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    You know what is weird . My friends who are not in the graphics industry ( an possibly not nerds or geeks ) thought the movie was pretty good . I don't get it I seen the movie and it was terrible but some people thought it was really good ? ...
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The thing i really didn't get nor expect was why they gave ghost rider a different voice. They didn't do that to the caretakers voice when he was all hot and bothered.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Because Sam Elliot has Sam Elliot's voice and Nicholas Cage has Nicholas Cage's voice. confused.gif

Frank the Avenger
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    Its pretty simple, If its a bad movie, or I get the vibe its bad.. I dont go pay to see it and witness for myself how bad it was. that seams like a defeating purpose. My mom does that. She finds about a movie that gets alot of hype, but probbaly knows its not going to be good. Then comes back and says.. BOY.. THAT MOVIE STANK!, "well mom, why did you even go see it?" The box office simply doesnt get my money. Just as Oxynary said.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Isn't the point of going to see a movie to be entertained? I think you'd have to be pretty hardcore to consider moviegoing (in the kind of venue that would show Ghost Rider, at least) to be Supporting the Arts. If a bad movie entertains, it's done its job as well as a good movie, IMO! And anyway, a bad movie creates jobs for poor actors. Like Nick Cage. You don't really want to sit down for a nice lunch at Bennigan's and endure being waited on by an angry, resentful Nicholas Cage, do you?
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    No, cause he'd bear punch you if you didn't leave a big tip.

Is this movie worth renting if there's nothing else to watch?
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank, when nick was ghost rider his lines seemed like they taken from the hulk and put them threw a cheesy demonic voice synthesizer.

All he ever says are lines like "punish!" and "guilty!" as the rider he has no lines, just words he can say one at a time.

Yes this movie is worth seeing it really is bad enough that you will not feel guilty watching an making fun of every other second of the movie. In other words its a get really drunk with friends and watch movie. In that way it will fully entertain you.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    lupus, the movie is worth watching if you happen to see it on TV. And can flip between it and something else.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Man you guys are always hard on this type of movie. Based on a comic book I'd say it was good and just what I expected. Best to see it IN the theatre to appreciate the sound and cgi. Of course it won't win any Oscars but who cares. It was fun and had lots of eye candy which we tend to take for granted these days IMHO.
  • coldwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldwolf polycounter lvl 18
    *Obligatory '300 will be best movie of the year' post*

Most of my friends said Ghost Rider was bad, and none of them are in the cg industry. But they did say it'd be fun to watch drunk as well, so there's still that.

Seriously though. I got tickets for 300, opening night. Sorry, but I can't get over 300...

Edit: Sal, there have been some fun (sober) comic movies such as Spiderman, X-Men, and Sin City (and now 300). It's jus that they're so easy to fuck up because the producers see it as easy cash, what with the existing audience of the comic fans. Same for books.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can only imagine what this movie could have looked like if it had the best writer from the ghost rider comics writing the movie and the best artist from the comics as well on art direction. Hell they could even grab who ever is making the comics at the time be the writer and AD. At least then it would flow with the comics and match the look and feel of the comics at that time.

We know as artists that you always want to something with your work that you cant with your medium, so for comic artists and writers it would be a great freedom for them.
  • Marisa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marisa polycounter lvl 17
    I thought Ghost Rider was a lot of fun to watch, but that's not saying much from me since I work at a theater and got in for free.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    It sounds bad, but is it UWE BOLL bad?
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    I wonder, is it a bad movie or is it a bad adaptation of the original?
    The only people who could give an honest answer are viewers who have never heard of ghost rider.
    I know it's akin to insulting someone's child, but my opinion is that I would probably like the movie because I always thought it was a crappy comic!

Still, it will be on HBO before I see it.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Duke, I think the 80's comics of ghost rider sucked, but thats because it always felt a little to light for what it was about. The new ghost rider comics, i also feel are suffering from the same problems as the 80's counterparts. The movie feel even lighter than the 80's comics, with really bad writing.

I like ghost rider as a character, and as hes depicted in the garth ennis short run of comics.