Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vampyre_Dark's Art Dump

Daaark
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Daaark polycounter lvl 17
I do mostly low poly environments for fun. At the moment, I use DeleD for all my editing.

Here are some of my arenas. I love modelling these. Didn't keep as many of these in my photobucket as I thought...
th_neonglo.jpgth_pp4_arena_final.jpgth_finished_stands.jpgth_shockwave_interview3.gif

Some leftover images from a low poly nightclub for a little program I was making, but never finished.
th_club_dc_for_delgine.jpgth_dc_newcouchestank_1.gifth_seats_1.gif

DeleD Christmas image contest
th_vdark_xmas_views.jpgth_vdark_xmas3.jpg

Some backgrounds for a small game I am making. These are a bit older, and I was limiting myself to some extreme limits on polycount and texture size. As DeleD has gotten better at certain things, I have loosened up a bit. Some of these images have very hard egdes on the 3d objects, this was from DeleD's lightmapper, not my own fault.
th_pool_closed.jpgth_sunset_aa_2.gifth_sunset_aa_1.gifth_bb_morgue_aa2-1.gifth_bb_temple_aa1.jpgth_bg_cinema_aa.gifth_bb_bk_01.jpg

Very old map modding work for Vampire The Masquerade, Redemption. All the 'RP' players were leaving, and the game was being overun by hackers, so I just said screw it one day, and nuked liike a year of mapping out a giant city, and moved on to other things:
th_Shot0068.jpgth_Shot0050.jpgth_Shot0049.jpgth_Shot0034.jpgth_Shot0026.jpgth_Shot0009.jpgth_Shot0005.jpgth_Shot0003.jpg

Will update occasionally.

Replies

• CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    Your lighting is too saturated like a 1997-98 color lighting envy'd game frown.gif
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    This is a lot of images, so I'll give more general feedback on what's good and where to improve

It looks like you have a good grasp on creating game quality environments, but watch things like scale, and get used to using more detail.

The vampire map work is probably the best, most believable, natural looking work you posted here.

overall texturing is muddy, and probably your weakest attribute. Think about really getting in there and painting it to look good at all distances.

Lighting is all over the place. Almost all your lights are source-less and very unnatural colors. As cheap said, it's a lot like when people first got to use colored lights, they just went crazy with them.

Overall, this work is ok, but try stepping it up with a completely custom (textures/props) UT2k4 map or Doom3. Something of current equivalent, a good no-excuse package.
  • Xaltar
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Woot, VTM:R FTW lol

Doesn't the embrace editor give you endless shit? I was doing a mod for vampire and eventually scrapped it cuz the tools suck.