Home General Discussion

Need help remembering a Comic book series

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Vailias polycounter lvl 18
I've been searching for a certain series of comics/short graphic novels. I can remember details about the setting and stories but not the title. I figure the readership here can help.
The setting is futuristic America. The west has been generally irradiated, and the country has broken into a number of sects. In one of the early episodes/books the president is shot and presumed dead, but a few issues later he returns in a robotic body claiming "I don't recall ever resigning!" In another episode/book an orbital weapons platform is taken over by Gay Nazis, and it winds up being fired and vaporizing a refinery in the west held/owned by American Indians. I also seem to remember that chunks of the story revolve around a Black protagonist born in the projects who grows up to be a soldier of some sort.
I first read this series in college, it belonged to a friend. I THOUGHT it was Transmetropolitan (read some of that at the same time), but it isn't. However the tone/setting is similar. Any ideas?

Replies