Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Dominance War II - gavku

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
gavku polycounter lvl 18
Ok time to chime in.....I've done a fair few sketches and have a good idea of what I'm going to do.....this is one of the guys that I drew early on and thought I'd post it in case anybody else wanted to use it.....

Replies

• gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    better post some thumbs whilst gauss is sleeping....
    concept01wl9.jpg
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I really like the silhouette of the guy in the middle at the bottom. Keep at it.

-caseyjones
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    domheadsxj5.jpg
    a few more quick head designs...too many ideas need to get them out of my system......the main idea I'm thinking of going with is a large, winged, demon parasite that latches onto the spinal cord of a human host. Only the most elite soldiers are chosen for this bond. The parasite offers the ability of flight as well as more protection where its wrapped around the body. Mainly down the spine, around the torso, and covering the majority of head/face.
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey bro, nice concepts, I like the head design at the bottom left the best. I like the idea of the symbiotic demon. I'll be interested to see how you convey that in a full body concept. Keep it crackin' dude, I expect some new, mad shit in this thread by tonight. wink.gif
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    yeah hope to have a decent concept locked down by tonight seeing as Good Vibes will pretty much write off tomorrow and a portion of Sunday...
  • RJ10110
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Those thumbs look wicked (in the definition of the word way, not just cool). All these organic extrusions make them look like a lionfish or something equivalent... nice and poisonous. I can't wait to see some refined versions. I really like the center figure concealing(ish) a dagger and the bubbley armed guy to the bottom left. Keep it up!
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    domwardoodlesqz0.jpg
    cheers RJ...........well I think thats the last of the crap out of my system.....I now have a pretty good idea of exactly what I want to do....which is different from virtually everything in this thread.....having a big weekend definitely helped me to reset a few things...:)
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    I love the silhouettes, especially the middle bottom one, I dig the first sketch and the monster heads a lot too
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool stuff man, any of those concepts would make a good character if you wanted to take them further. I'm guessing the concept you've got your mind set on isn't one of those? If not get it crackin' man, the clock's ticking! That and I want to see your finished concept.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Cheers Vahl...........Aight Eagle this is for you biatch. This is the guy I'm going with. He's a sniper (will obviously have a huge-ass gun), who gets targeting information fed to him by a flying helper drone/s. The head may vary a bit, but he will always have a x painted on his head.....its an arrogance thing to taunt enemy snipers...will polish this sketch up a bit more tonight.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Roughing out some details. His pack where the drones launch from and sit in to recharge. Not too sure about their design yet, wouldn't mind trying to tie the polycount logo in them somehow. Also going to have the rife plug into his head.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's awesome dude! I'm liking the new head a lot more than the previous one. Definitely get good old Greentooth in those drones, that'd be pretty sweet.

-caseyjones
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Cheers man.......

Have pretty much blocked out the model, but always have trouble coming up with mechanical stuff, armour, etc on the fly when modeling....so here's a concept of the face. Not sure what to do with his mouth. Was going to have some sort of projected teeth, or display in there. Or might scrap it and go with something totally different...The eyes and stuff I'm happy with so they'll be staying.....also did a quick gun concept....
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Knocked around in mudbox for a bit...all sub-d pieces are pretty much place holders...need to fix the side of his jaw.... too sleepy..didn't realize how wak it looked
  • Dread_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dread_Reaper polygon
    Really original concept for the mouth! Be sure to put some pro-Polycount phrase in it! The gun I am not sure about though, it seems so smooth compared to the guy, who appears to have undergone some serious surgery and been cobbled together again. That's my only crit, great work!

-Dread_Reaper
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I saw the head sketch before I left work last night, looks rad dude. Now to see it in 3D it looks awesome! You're right about the side of the jaw looking a little whack but everything is coming along great.

-caseyjones