Home General Discussion

VINDICATION! For men, at least...

Replies

• acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    "Now, consider the situation in which John and Marsha decide to cohabitate and both use the same toilet. This situation is popularly known as marriage,"

[/ QUOTE ]
    Best definition ever.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I still don't get this.
    There are two parts to the seat, the thing you sit on when taking a shit, and the cover. In my house growing up the cover was to never be down. Something about middle of the night pisses going badly with it down. That and whats the point?

Now I do get why it pisses off chicks when the thing you sit on is left up. No one likes a cold ass in the middle of the night.

The thing you sit on to shit with should always be down.
    The thing that covers the seat shouldn't be.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    I have the lid down all the time. Not that my toilet (or bathroom, for that matter) is dirty... but it's just more pleasing to look at.
    It also leaves the toilet seat itself clean. My bathroom can get pretty dusty... and I'd rather have the dust accumulate on the LID rather than the SEAT.

When I piss, I just lift the lid up (not the seat) and do my business. If there's some spilage or splashback (rare), I simply wipe away with some toilet paper. Piss is sterile... so there's no harm with it being wiped away from the seat.
  • Nilium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nilium polycounter lvl 18
    I sit when I'm pissing. Mom wouldn't let me stand when letting loose my stream of... I don't know, something. Doesn't bother me in the least now, and I have a one-up over you all since no girl will complain about me leaving the seat up. Ya-har!
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Do you also run like a girl by any chance?

triumph01.jpg

I kid!, i kid! wink.gif
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The thing you sit on to shit with should always be down.
    The thing that covers the seat shouldn't be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, small children can fall head first into the toilet and drown that way. I got into the habit of always closing the lid on the toilet years ago, when my oldest nephew was a toddler.

Besides, as Soul pointed out, it looks nicer tongue.gif
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I sit and piss too, but that because i normally take a piss when i get up and i'm not awake so don't trust my aim, and i'm too lazy to stand.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    woa, wtf is all this sit and piss shit, as it were......?
  • Nilium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nilium polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    woa, wtf is all this sit and piss shit, as it were......?

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone here pisses shit, I'm callin' in the army. That's some sci-fi shit right there. Or japanese fetish material. *cough* shitting dick-nipples *cough*
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    for me,
    laziness > need to act manly
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    HAHAHA! Sitting to pee... Interesting.
    I always put the toilet seat down after urinating and it annoys me seeing it up. My housemate is always leaving it up and I tell him off time and time again (I'm just as bad as those of you that sit to pee!), but he'll never learn. It just looks bad when I invite a girl over and she needs to use the toilet and the seat is up.
    At my previous house, we had to keep the toilet lid down or the toilet door closed because the cat would dive in and drink the water.

-caseyjones
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    I keep the lid down when I'm done. Mostly due to some documentary that was on TV in he background. Examining this whole thing and determining that the turbulent water from flushing could create an aerosol of..let's call it 'toilet food and drink'.

Not something I think it gonna kill me or make me sick, just not a pleasant thought, so I just keep it down anyway (also had to awhile ago to stop one of the cats from drinking from the toilet).

I find the whole argument a bit annoying, if you need it up, lift it, if you need it down, put it down. It's not like it requires a 5 minute stretch first and both arms to move the seat/lid from one position to the other.
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've got to say I find the idea of habitually sitting to take a piss a bit weird. I've always thought of the ability to take a piss while standing as a privilege. grin.gif
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    My fiance has many a time left the cover up. I always tend to put it down by habit. Unless you leave it up with one of your floaters in there stinking up the place, I don't get why it's found as offensive to anyone...
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I have no idea if it's up or down and have never even thought about it
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    I was of the opinion the article, while legitimate, was quite tongue-in-cheek.

I mean:

[ QUOTE ]
    "Folklore has it that Marsha performs more toilet operations than John, hypothetically because of a smaller bladder. John, however, drinks more beer," he wrote in his paper in 1998. "We shall not discuss his prostate problem."

[/ QUOTE ]

Like THAT'S supposed to be serious.

And for any who cares, I keep both the seat AND lid down - the cats try to clamber in if I don't.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I used to have a cat that would drink all the water in the toilet if you left the lid up so I always leave it down out of habit, plus it's nice to try and cut down on the fecal aerosol.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    when i make wee wee's time alone i stand,, but often i make wee wee's and poo poo's at the same time.. and that goes much better when in the seated posistion.

i also have superior aim so my wee wee's never hits the seat anyways
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have no idea if it's up or down and have never even thought about it

[/ QUOTE ]
    Same here. Additionally, my girl doesn't care if it's left up. Only a lazy twit would really give someone shit about having to spend the whole 1 second it takes to flip the seat down. Infact, it would take more energy to lift the lid up than it would to flip the lid down.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Well, I'm happily married, so the seat stays down, the lid up. But back in the day, I had some debates with female roommates.

OK so basically as a guy, if the seat is down you absolutely always have to put the seat up, or you may hit it and get seriously wet legs from ricochet. Wet legs are not cool. So as guys in the middle of the night we always have to check.

If the bathroom has an even slightly odd setup, it might even demand that we have to turn on the lights to ensure accuracy, especially for those of us taller guys. The trajectory can get a bit trickier if you're taller.

So, why is it that we always need to check to see if the shooting range is clear, yet women expect that they should never have to check for anything, and should just be able to plunk their cute little asses wherever they want without ever looking? Fuck it, we have to check. Shouldn't they?

And if everyone did actually check, what the hell does it matter whether it's up or down? It's a quick adjustment. I don't think anyone is bitching about the time that it takes. It's the disaster that could happen if you don't check that is the primary concern.

If everyone just looked where they were pissing, and gave the situation even a slightly cursory check, this whole seat up/down battle wouldn't be an issue. But instead, we guys have to always check and ensure that we don't get ricochet, and that after we are done the women are safe from wet butt. The women just plunk their butts down, oblivious to the whole situation.