polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Kovac polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    ohhhh nooo! get some content in this post, you slob! do you see cgblabla in the address bar for this site? i didn't think so.[/b] smile.gif
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    post something
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Bah! Sorry gauss I know it's frustrating to see all these unscathed threads, and deGrandis-obsessed Elwell you just shut your mouth! wink.gif

Ok so I got something... I'm not sure if it's necessarily 'anything' but I hope you guys'll help me decide. I'll say ahead of time that I'm extreeemely out of practice with drawing/concepting (Eric can speak for me on that one). Not that it's an excuse, but it's me saying 'let's take this one slow'.

Anywho, I'll shut up and slam this image in.
    DomWar1.jpg

I was thinking a scifi centaur creature *would* be a good idea but now I'm seeing a few more popping up here and there. So I thought of what any confused/scared man usually thinks of...tits. She's (assuming I persue this concept) going to have a large pointed top helmet and her lower body will be more masculine or thick and hopefully not cause too much of a clash. Was thinking of colors of cracks/seams but I wasn't sure I liked it or not so I put in both with and without. I eyeballed Hawkprey's UT female character concept for an interesting initial pose... his came out way better smile.gif This is actually my first time posting any hack of a drawing on PC, and haven't posted anything in such a long while it's sad. I've just been so tied up with work that it's made me nothing but a pure lurker (and IRC whore).

I said it before that I made a resolution about doing this contest and by golly, I'm going to finish it!
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    Hey Koves, this is not a bad start. Don't worry a ton about your drawing skills right now. Just slam some lines down get some idea for form. You're good with modelling, but just make sure you get the *right* idea down before you start your piece. That said, draw some thumbnails, basic silhouette with variations. Kind of like what you have now, just a ton smaller and don't spend time on the details. I actually like to use a big brush with pressure set to size, then I just make ink blobs and erase portions.

Anyway the design is cool, but think a bit more, experiment a bit more. Touches like the spikes on the bum and shoulders, those are good design points that say "Rarrar! I am teh bad!" but you want to focus the whole design that way. Like i said with richkid, use posture and weight to your advantage. From there add more design points that make her scream terror, like ragged hair, claws, skull boob-cups (not really). But again, those are details, get the scare factor with the form by doing a dozen thumbnails. Pick the most interesting and directed form. Then go from there. When you want to make your final concept, use a bigger brush, use faster/longer strokes using your arm.

Keep make'n stuff dude.