Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

website pimpology

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Ferg polycounter lvl 17
With my winter career as a ski lift operator drawing to a close, I've begun to look for a new job in the game industry. Step 1 is update my website with a new, sexy look and some new, sexy content. What do you guys think? Easy to navigate? Easy on the eyes? Decent presentation? Art director friendly?

the site is http://www.monkeyknifefights.com

thanks for lookin smile.gif

Replies

• conte
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    your name is Ted Lockwood? really?=)
    Todd is your brother?
    Nice site and good navigation, i like it.
  • TheArgyleKid
    I think it works pretty well. The only two things I'd say right off are that you might want to change your name text from black because against the grey bg its a little hard to read. The other thing I'd add is maybe some forward backward arrows when you open a thumb in order to move to the next image more easily rather then having to click back on the browser and click the next thumb. Just my two cents. Good Luck.

Argyle
  • jaalto
    Offline / Send Message
    jaalto polycounter lvl 13
    I like it. Site is simple, easy to navigate and artwork presentation is clear. As Argyle said before, perhaps you could change the color of your name from black to bold white ?

Black does not fit with grey and bolded white would not be _too_ distinctive but makes your name jump out from the other text anyway. wink.gif
  • MoP
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Not bad, here are some things I think would improve it:

- Lose the patterned background, it's a bit distracting.
    - Make the thumbnail images twice as wide (the site can easily be wider to hold them).
    - Get rid of the link to your own site at the top of the site... people don't need it, they're already there! That'll also mean you can make your name and title bigger.
    - Agreed with TheArgyleKid, change your name's font colour to something other than black, it's getting lost against the other text.
    - This is just my opinion, so disregard this if you want, but I'd replace the text links with image text (gif or png are best) - you can still have them change colour on rollover, but it'll mean that you can use a more interesting and powerful font. Text links just feel a bit cheap to me usually, although for an example of good use, look at Amazon smile.gif

The work there is pretty cool though, and on the whole it's not bad at all, I just think those tweaks would really improve it and make it optimal for the end user.

Keep it up! smile.gif
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Echoing Mop - wider site with wider thumbs.
  • ultra
    Offline / Send Message
    ultra polycounter lvl 18
    Thats nice Ferg, but i think u could use your front page space alot better.

Great models and concepts btw!