Home General Discussion

iPod car stereo adapters?

Lookin for a good car stereo adapter for the iPod. Last time I researched them, I got generally negative results. I don't want an FM tuner, just want to play MP3s through the stereo. Anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    i have a belkin FM tuner that works great with my Car CD player. If you looking for a tape player adapter anyone will do fine.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Mine was a tad more costly, I got an Alpine head unit (my old one was going out..) and a special adapter for Alpines to hook the ipod into. I can control the ipod through the head unit with it.

here is the connector. There are several Alpine head units that match: http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=KCA-420i

The HUGE downside to this is, the interface has a limited memory, so if you have a large amount of music on your ipod and try to view by say, artists, you won't see all of the artists you have on your ipod because the interface can't hold it all. =P Still, I usually pick what I want to play before I throw it on and we are good to go.

The only other thing I used was the iTrip and it worked well, there were just too many stations locally that got in the way.