Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Want to say hello :]

Hi, im new here and I tought that would be nice to show my-mad-self and some of my mad-works (almoust wip's) ^^ c&c welcome and i hope so that new place (forum) will help me at training my skills and meeting new frineds.

Cheers

m1ae0.jpg
m3ch6.jpg
kunhice5.jpg
wireframeqt0.jpg
blackhorsefrontcy9.jpg

Replies

• verybad
    Offline / Send Message
    verybad polycounter lvl 17
    I like what you have in the top-thing. Doesn't look like a pleasant character. The face could use more lovin', the body looks great so far.
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Nice stuff. Digging the undead Qilin guy.
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Offline / Send Message
    snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
    Good show of hand, i like the quadruped a lot more than the first. Just don't sit there and post more you elephant :P

Nice good work
  • madman
    hehe, thanx a lot for comments smile.gif
    the first project is unfinished, i left it becouse of no idea what next, any contrivance? i don't like the head and hands, problems with proportions and bed-doom looking, don't know how to repair that
  • Darksun
    Offline / Send Message
    Darksun polycounter lvl 18
    Shiro'ken Monk!cool.gif
    Interesting combination of Kirin & Shiro'ken. Welcome!
  • madman
    Kirin Shiro'ken? smile.gif What are those... "things"? If u mean horse, the concept is from guild wars. Unfortunetly i don't remember the name of monster ^^
  • Parnell
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    Welcome to polycount dude!
    This site is a pretty sweet place to get some hardcore crits, cgchat.com is also another good place.
    Having critiques and help from both will definitely take your art to the next level.
    I really dig the quadruped.
    B
  • verybad
    Offline / Send Message
    verybad polycounter lvl 17
    I'd say the head on the biped needs something to focus on, right now it's sort of a big blob without any sort of emotional depth. If it had more of a sense of malice in the eyes perhaps. It's obviously larger than a human, so perhaps a bit of hunching over when it's fully modeled. Currently the torso is excellent, the hands look like htey might need a bit more polies and texture space to fit with the body.

Right now the face doesn't agree with the body. The body is saying "I'm gonna smash you." The face has a slightly timid look. Perhaps more inset eyes? Some extrusions on the head might spice it up also. Failing that, give it a helmet smile.gif

The hand I think might be fixable with an additional finger, three just don't seem to work visually.

The Quadruped is very nice, it has a sort o noible look to it. I presume it's from a game, but I'm not familiar with the context. I like it in any case.
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Kirin Shiro'ken? What are those... "things"?

[/ QUOTE ]
    The Shiro'ken Monk is the beastie from Guild Wars. The Kirin (Or Qilin, depending on whether you're speaking Chinese or Japanese) is the mythological creature that he's based on.
  • Rated Rrr
    Offline / Send Message
    Rated Rrr polycounter lvl 17
    Nice to meet you and am glad to see you made it to our little area. I agree with the comments made so far (face detail), another thing that just seems wierd is the neckline (back of the head too), it feels like it needs to be flushed out a bit more and add a little more of a blend. Other than than, I'm diggin' the pieces. Keep going.
  • J O T
    Hello.

Love your work, dude.
  • EricElwell
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    very cool stuff, I like the form a lot on both models.
  • madman
    Thanx for you guys. Your tips are good and i try to stay with them in future. I wan't back to that monster, I just like the skin ^^ But your help show me what i done wrong and where i need to put more attention, in next projects ofcourse smile.gif
    PS- feel free to touch up my english
  • EarthQuake
    I would say a lot of the details are really cool, but working in some more realistic anotomy into your designs would really help you a LOT. Both of your models look like they could benifet from much better planed out midrange details, instead of doing such simple shapes and then going overboard on the small details. This is really evident in the big guy's head, it dosent read as a face at all. None of the details there seem to hint at it really being a face, the only reason i know its a face is because of the obvious humanlike silouhet, and on the 4 legged guy it just seems much more like an abstract clay sculpture than a creature that could actually walk and look believable.
  • Darksun
    Offline / Send Message
    Darksun polycounter lvl 18
    Guild Wars Shiro'ken Monk:
    shiroken_monk.jpg