Replies

• aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    i suck soooo hard at this game.
  • Josh_Singh
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    IT'S OUT????!!!!! oh man. looks like I have something else to spend my birtday allowance on!! yes!!
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    My hand hurts too. I had to stop when I got through the 4th set of songs. My buddies are coming over later tonight, so I'm resting my hands for co-op.

This and Gears in the same week. What the fuck...
  • blankslatejoe
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    BANG CAMARO!!!!!
  • bearkub
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    my arms too, are very sore. I made it to the set of songs with the Anthrax song and my arms let me know we were done.
  • frostymoose
    Offline / Send Message
    frostymoose polycounter lvl 17
    I can't say I really enjoy the song choices this time around. There's only a few songs in there that I really like.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    The Anthrax song is one of the reasons I want to get this. For those who aren't familar with the band, that's where my username comes from. I loved the song list this time around (minus a few).
  • bearkub
    Offline / Send Message
    then you need the Not man as an avatar! post haste! =]
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, yeah, I have it at other sites... I just haven't done it here.. .time to get on that wink.gif

Edit: DONE... thanks for the reminder smile.gif
  • Whargoul
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    I finished medium.. twice! Once at work (doing only about half the songs) and again at home last night. My fingers & forearms are dead.

Now for hard mode: hello broken fingers!
  • bearkub
    Offline / Send Message
    Hardest song so far (on medium) has been Who The Hell Was In My Room by the Butthole Surfers. Fun as HELL to play, but damned beastly.
  • Nerd Groupie
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, I keep hearing how much harder this one is. Guess I better practice my ass off before I get the second one... which hopefully I'll get for my birthday.
  • Josh_Singh
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    In GH2 there is a practice mode so you can practice certain parts of the song over and over and even slow it down.
  • conte
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    hehe, art of this game cool.
    I seen what Pedro worked on it.
  • AstroZombie
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone unlock the Chet Atkins or the Coffin guitar yet? I made both of those smile.gif
  • Ghostscape
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    I just unlocked both laugh.gif

This just came in the mail at 5:15 today I spent like 5 hours playing to blitz through medium to unlock Pro Face Off because I have friends coming over after work tommorow laugh.gif
  • Whargoul
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    I finished quite a few tricky songs on hard now, like Miserlou & Hanger 18. I can't do Psychobilly Freakout! It's insane. I made it to 90% in Freebird twice in co-op, on hard for both us us. It's just LONG.

Yeah, the Butthole surfers song is tough, it's one of my favourite to play in coop though, just rad guitar. If you thought it was tough on medium, your fingers will fall off on hard. Mine did, I had to glue them back on.

Buy the bonus song Jordan, by Buckethead. It is just a wicked song (the tune), and it's super fun to play. I haven't tried medium, but I did hard first try. I had a look at it on expert and my brain exploded. Have a look at "Guitar Solo 1 & 2" (I think) in practice mode on expert. WTF? Not possible!
  • Dennispls
    Offline / Send Message
    Dennispls polycounter lvl 16
    i really hope this comes to xbox 360 as well
    i played it once on a ps2 and i was addicted right away
  • Quaggs
    Offline / Send Message
    Quaggs polycounter lvl 18
    I'm at the 8th set on expert, but I cant beat hangar 18 or institutionalized. I have to say that the parts of hangar 18 that can get through are super awesome. my favorite bonus track is thunder horse... so cool!
  • acc
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    GH2 got all of the gameplay mechanics and extra features right.

And totally fucked up the playlist.

Wow. It seems like their only criteria for selecting songs this time through was how difficult the guitar section is. Nevermind whether the song is any good or not. I've got pretty wide tastes in music, and I loved the vast majority of songs in GH1, even the ones that most people bitch about, and there's only a handful that are nearly as good in this game and there are way more that I think are completely awful. The first two sections are great, but then I went through the rest of the game thinking "Gee, I hope this song sucks less than the last one" and getting excited if the song was even decent. There's a few notable exceptions, but only about one per section.

Grrrr. I need to play the bonus songs still, but I'm really disappointed. Some of these songs would be better if it was guitar only with no singing and no band at all because that seems to be what they were chosen based on.

Also, the difficulty curve is screwed up too (I played through Hard). They're totally random until you get to the last two sections, and then suddenly they're all just really hard, and the second last section is harder than the last one.

Guitar Hero 1: Good music that is fun to play
    Guitar Hero 2: Difficult songs
  • Luxury
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I agree. The song selection is MUCH worse this time around. As you progress, the songs get worse and worse. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    And on a semi-related note - does the vocals in this one bother anybody else as much as me? I'd say that about 80% of the vocals are really bad. Last game didn't bother me except for about 2 songs, but this one is the exact opposite.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I only had a quick play of it at work today during lunch. One of the other artists picked up the game/guitar combo and we had a quick crack. I'll be definately picking up a copy. Though I'm disappointed to hear about the songs being really shit... I guess I'll see how I go when I buy it.

-caseyjones
  • SouL
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    I just got the game earlier tonight. Sat down and blasted through hard mode. I got all the way to Hanger 18 w/o having to restart once. Then I got my ass kicked. Hahaha
    Hmm. I like the songs. They're all pretty catchy. *shrug* Doesn't bother me at all.

I like the improved slack they give the player for the pull-offs and hammer ons. They're so much easier to do now.

I gave a few of the bonus songs a try... pretty cool. I miss some of the really good ones from GH1. I wish they had some unlockable that lets you play selected songs from the first game.

Edit:
    Beat hard mode. It's cool how your funds and purchased music carries over. Did the first batch of songs in Expert...pretty hard. Only managed 3 - 4 stars. I smoked hard mode with 5 stars 'till the last couple of groups. Will have to try tomorrow with a fresh wrist and set of fingers hah.
    Practice mode is pretty sweet!!!!
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    And totally fucked up the playlist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not like the songs or are they just performed badly, like "Take Me Out" on GH1? I'm looking at the play list right now and it looks bad ass.
  • Nerd Groupie
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    I hope to finally get a crack at it this weekend! Can't wait to see how bad I suck!
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone know of a good place to get a deal on this? I was hoping to get it for my kids this season, but it looks like it's going to be hard enough just to find it, let alone find a good deal :/
    I'm thinking of getting the first one instead.
  • sonic
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    They seriously messed up the voice for Laid to Rest by Lamb of God

frown.gif
  • PfhorRunner
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    notman: Really?! You can't find it? wow... The bestbuy that I work at has litterally over 100 in stock. We don't really carry the guitar + game combo for the first one anymore, just the game...

you could always order it online from best buy, or something similar...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16879221006
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks... I wasn't expecting Newegg to have it. Funny, because I was already shopping on there as I read your reply. The Best Buys by me only have the game itself, not the combo (For number 2). Last weekend they were sold out online :/
  • KaosNKorruption
    Offline / Send Message
    KaosNKorruption polycounter lvl 18
    Toys R Us: Guitar Hero 2 + extra guitar $99.98
  • SouL
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Man. I really really like the Jessica track. So much fun to play!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfM6nRVBvGs&mode=related&search=