Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

RobotDawn launches. Invasion Released.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
We've launched version 1 of our website. Invasion, our first homebrew Nintendo DS game, is available for download.

http://www.robotdawn.com

Replies

• animatr
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    sweet man! that's cool stuff. Wish I had the hardware to play it. I've been thinking about looking into getting some of that stuff anyway to futz around with

Congrats though, this is really cool!
  • JordanW
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    You dont -have- to have hardware to play the game. We put a link to an emmulator on the game's page. It'd be nice to see what people think of the game smile.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    That's cool man! It's projects like these that make me want to get into DS Homebrew projects.
    I havn't played Invasion yet (I'll download it tonight when I get home from work), but I did see the short video. From that I feel that the top screen is a little useless. Sure it tells you your score and lives, but you'd only really need a portion of the screen for that.
    Maybe making the scrolling areas of the levels a little wider and putting a mini map on the top screen?
    As for using the D-Pad for firing the shockwave, it would make it a little awkward for left hand people. Maybe using the shoulder buttons?
    Or I guess you could raise the difficulty a little and stick with the D-Pad to fire directionally. So you have to fire the shockwave towards the direction of the missle (for left handers, you could have the same use but with the buttons on the right). The shoulder buttons could be a special shockwave ability which you use if surrounded by multiple missles.
    I could go on for ages, but yeah. Great stuff. If you guys ever need any additional artists I'd definately be keen to help out.

-caseyjones
  • JordanW
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    Any button or any direction fires off the attack so it should work for left or right handed people.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    My bad, I misread it on the site.

-caseyjones
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    what an insanely boring game. well done for getting it together though, hope the next one has more gameplay! smile.gif
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    hah! what an asshole.

Like the site, gang, and the game looks neato to start. I've seen what you've been mucking around with Will, and I wish you guys luck. DS can be so much fun!
  • Xenobond
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Kinda neat game to play when I'm taking a dump in the bathroom. How does I make me a game fer my DS? pls
  • sinistergfx
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    1) Learn to program with C or C++
    2) http://forum.gbadev.org/viewforum.php?f=18
    or http://palib.com/
    3) Pimp game you made.
  • Eclipse
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclipse polycounter lvl 18
    I havn't got a chance to play it as I'm waiting to get the DS-X for homebrewin :P. But from the video it looks nice and solid, if you are looking to update it any I would suggest maybe a side-scrolling world where there might be some obsticles you have to dodge as well as the missles to destory...might mix it up a little bit laugh.gif.