Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ISA soldier spec-ops

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
If anyone here has played killzone they know who the isa are. Coming out in october is killzone liberation and i wanted to celebrate that by making a low-poly soldier, i know there soldiers are roughly aroun 700 polies. this model has come too about 500 with a 512x512 map.I will shrink the texture after i finish modeling it. i was just hoping to get crits cause i know this model needs alot of love

just a quick edit if anyone can direct me to some texturing tutorials for character it would be much appreciated!

~Armanguy

isawipsheet.gif

Replies

• Electro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Electro polycounter lvl 18
    cool.. yeah killzone looks to be pretty darn cool!

probably worth mentioning it's the psp killzone, that's why the low specs smile.gif
  • dkorch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dkorch polycounter lvl 17
    hey, lookin cool. some things though could be fixed. first off, the hands. they dont look like hands at all. I know your going for low poly, but even with the aamount of polys you have here you could shape those hands to a better shape that look more realistic. hands arch at the top, keep that in mind, and grab some ref. also I see a few 5 sided polys around, get rid of them, make it a tri if you have to.

The knees are shaped into knee pad like objects, yet you have no texture for the knee pads, texture that.

all the geometry at the upper chest could probably be removed and put into the shoulders to help deform better.

the boot geometry should be raised to look like combat boots, and not shoes.

and I think you should use some of that geometry on the torso to round the torso more and keep it from being so blocky. also bring in the waist a little more and give a more s type curve to the whole figure to keep it from being so stiff looking. and also I think it is to short. remember, 7 to 8 heads tall. it looks out of proportion at the moment.

hope I wasnt to harsh, its a good start, but work out those issues and it will help you out alot.

rock on!
  • Turoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Turoid polycounter lvl 17
    I'm a fan of killzone too, just played it 5 mins ago.

I can see that it is an ISA Soldier wink.gif You can polish it up a bit by adding some more polies I think, around his feet, upper torso and some around his hands area. Looks good, I like the orange ring around his neck.

Would be cool if you make a helghast too.
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    firestarter polycounter lvl 18
    Killzone rocked... except them controls, doh.
    First rule of low poly is: work in TRIS.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    he looks too locky even for 500 tris ,rotate the goemtry so that the edges of the arms get facing the front view , wont look much blcky that way , also mirror the left part of the face that has mask and scale it up in the uvw , you will be able to add more detail.

good luck !
  • Dennispls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dennispls polycounter lvl 16
    I tested killzone liberation and this doesn't really look like an ISA soldier.
    Also a 512x512 seems very high and i agree with the comments johny gave
  • aniceto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aniceto polycounter lvl 18
    those shoulders are gonna deform like ass with only 1 loop. why have 3 loops for the knee but only 1 for the shoulder?