Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Challenge #30 - SF Redesign - gavku - Ryu

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
gavku polycounter lvl 18
Allright no ones got Ryu yet (was going to do dark ryu), thinking of doing him as a zombie....or more of a neo-tokyo type version.......

Was also thinking of doing Zangief as an older drunk, who's let himself go a bit pyhsically...

see how the concepts turn out before i choose

pics soon.

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    So you're in on this one too Gav?
    Had a feeling if you entered you'd be doing Ryu, but I also like the idea of the older drunk Zangief.
    I'm still trying to convince Furio to enter as well.
    Good luck and looking forward to your concepts.

-caseyjones
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    HA cheers...I want an undead character in my folio so I'm going with Ryu. Man if Foo entered that'd be awesome, probably has a fair bit on his plate at the mo though. Say gday to Cook for me too dude I heard he's animating for you guys now.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Black Whirlwind from Jade Empire might be a good reference for your older Zangeif if you do decide to follow that path.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, he was saying he's got a lot on. Especially with moving to Brisbane to work at Krome, then finding a place and going back and forth.
    I think I met that Cook dude last week, but I'll give him a shout out when I see him next.
    Get your concept up!

-caseyjones
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Ok pretty quick concept. He's going to be carrying a head and spinal cord in one hand (most likely Bisons)
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good dude.
    You should probably do Sagat's head though. There's meant to be some fued between Ryu and Sagat in the story somewhere (from what I remember).

-caseyjones
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I always thought that too, but apparently they made up or something, when Sagat left Shadoloo. Sagat just wants to fight Ryu not necesarilly kill him or anything......(according to wikipedia)......Although they also list Ryu's special skills as being able to sleep anywhere, and hitchhiking. Might still do it depending on time just cause his head would be easier.heh.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    in the anime series, i remember that ryu got put in prison in some foreign country and sagat was the head hardass at the prison. everyone tried to pick on ryu, then he started whippin ass and him and sagat were either in a draw or ryu won, i can't remember which. after that, sagat respected him and ryu got to eat the fancy dinners and sit at the fancy tables just like sagat. the feud thing comes from the completely bs'ed storyline they made up as the games were released. apparently sagat kicked ryu's ass somewhere around sf2 i think, and after the fight he tried to help ryu up, but ryu wanted to win so bad that he turned into evil ryu for a second and did some special shoryuken into sagat's chest at point blank, causing the scar he has and his dislike for ryu. so really, you could go either way with it.

just some info tongue.gif